Please share a little knowledge with me

PassTheJoint

So some seeds I had just sprouted and I'm ready to begin my DWC for the 1st time and I just wanted to know how much light I should give them. I Know At 1st They Need 24 Hours Of light. But for how long and when do I switch ir around. Can some one help plz :Namaste:

I would put them on a strict 18 on 6 off routine , if you have not bought a timer yet buy one, if you give inconsistent on off times you could turn them hermaphrodite.

When you want to flower them change your timer to 12 on 12 off , some people flower them early after 2 months some wait 3 months or more. The longer you wait the bigger they get and that usually means a larger harvest.

Yes I already have one I'll do that then. But I should give them 18 on 6 off for 2 to 3 months is that correct? Sorry iM a st right newbie

Light timing for veg is 18/6 on average... but other variations are used, i myself use 16/8.

I disagree with 24/0 tho as plants need some lights off period !

Veg lights either should be MH (metal halide) CFL or T5 or 8 tubes 6400k (kelvin) that is a blue spectrum of light suitable for veg growth, i think most MH are around 5000k tho but have a strong peak in the blue wave length... ya sorry about that but the light spectrum stuff can be long winded to explain !

I normally veg for 8 weeks from seed germination before flipping to 12/12 where the first few weeks you will experience stretch of the plant in flowering & may double to triple in size depending on dominate genetics of the strain !

Veg time is up to you, I jump mine into flower in just 3 weeks from clone, but that's not the same as seeds, and my plants do not get more that about 2 feet high, but that's me. As far as what kind of light they need for veg I have been using a simple red 635, and blue 460 LED setup for some years now without any problems. A simple 80 watts of this keeps 3 to 4 mommies growing just fine. I do turn up another 80 watts of the same when in clone mode, but that's just to have the lights where I need them. So there you go, more confusion to consider.

Back
Top Bottom