Police Make Arrest After Mistaking Buckeye Logo For Marijuana Leaf

Truth Seeker

Bonnie Jonas-Boggioni is a 65-year-old Ohio State Buckeyes fan who resides in Texas and happened to be driving through the state of Tennessee when she and her husband, Guido, were pulled over by the police.

Why?

Because, according to The Columbus Dispatch, their car was placed under suspicion for drug possession.

Then again, it looks like Tennessee cops could really use a lesson on the difference between being a football fan and being a drug trafficker.

Jonas-Boggioni, who has served as the president of the Ohio State Alumni Club in the Dallas-Fort Worth area, has a Buckeye sticker on the bumper of her car. You guessed it – Tennessee state police mistook the leafy symbol for that of a marijuana plant.

"It's just amazing they would be that dumb," Jonas-Boggioni said.

But wait, it gets even better: The couple was driving back to Plano, Texas following a trip to Columbus, Ohio in order to attend the funeral of Guido's 92-year old mother, Eleanor.

Further, there are no records of the traffic stop at all with the Tennessee Highway Patrol nor the Shelby County sheriff's office in Memphis. Does that mean these officers were too embarrassed over their mistake to register their actions with their superiors?

Probably, especially with all the pomp and circumstance they brought to this traffic stop.

"They were very serious," Jonas-Boggioni said. "They had the body armor and the guns."

Body armor? Guns?

"What are you doing with a marijuana sticker on your bumper?" the officer asked Jonas-Boggioni.

At that point, Jonas-Boggioni explained, using small words for these two to understand, that it was a Buckeye leaf, not a pot leaf.

"He looked at me like I was speaking a foreign language," she said.

Obviously, she wasn't. Since words were not getting through, however, she literally stood up, got out of her car and showed the officers the 2002 Ohio State National Championship shirt she was wearing because it had a Buckeye on it.

Her die-hard fan-ship got her into hot water in the first place, but it also worked in her favor to show these Tennessee cops what was up.

At that point, the officers, sufficiently embarrassed for one day we presume, told her she should remove the Buckeye sticker from her car.

"I said, 'You mean in Tennessee?' and he said, 'No, permanently.'

"I didn't take it off. . . . This little old lady is no drug dealer."

Nope, she's just awesome, and you don't have to be an Ohio State fan to appreciate that.

Buckeye_Mistaken_For_Marijuana_Leaf.jpg

News Hawk- TruthSeekr420 420 MAGAZINE
Source: yarkbarker.com
Author: Jeff Hanisch
Website: Police make arrest after mistaking Buckeye logo for marijuana leaf | Yardbarker.com

I believe I would have told him to go f**k himself and take his buddies with him. If he's that stupid he needn't be carrying a firearm, or wearing the uniform for that matter.

You see what I deal with here. lol

I'm in TN also. I just don't see the problem with a plant?!?! If it were so dangerous, people would have been dying all througout history. Cannabis has never been a detriment to society; the only harm comes from the unconstitutional regulation of a natural plant. We aren't prohibited from growing any other plants deadly or not.
God put it here for our use...there is nothing without a purpose.

Living in a state that borders TN (and being a buckeye by birth), I'm wondering what right a law enforcement officer has to stop a vehicle even if the sticker had been a depiction of a Cannabis leaf.

I see stickers and advertisements on vehicles all the time that I wouldn't necessarily want on mine, but surely expressing ones self in a non verbal manner through bumper stickers is still protected under the Constitution. Isn't it?

Living in a state that borders TN (and being a buckeye by birth), I'm wondering what right a law enforcement officer has to stop a vehicle even if the sticker had been a depiction of a Cannabis leaf.

I see stickers and advertisements on vehicles all the time that I wouldn't necessarily want on mine, but surely expressing ones self in a non verbal manner through bumper stickers is still protected under the Constitution. Isn't it?

It is protected as free expression, however it may lead them to look for drugs or paraphernalia. I'm not sure if a sticker on a car constitutes probable cause. The LE vehicles here have cannabis leaf stickers that the put on their cars for every bust they make...some cars have many of these stickers on them.

Either way it's wrong and unconstitutional.

Here you can drink and drive and sometimes kill
people but you cant grow 1 simple plant w/o serving
time. Anyone else on this forum from Tennessee
please speak up. Or any other southern state. We need medical
in the south. I need it and I know others who
do but are affraid to speak up about it.
Its time for the south to raise and rise the good plant.

Video on YouTube would be a hit. Too, dashcams are great for explaining to your insurance rep how your car got hurt.
"Please speak up officer, I'm old and hard of hearing and what is your name please?" :)

I thought it was unheard of for a southerner to be ignorant of college football. Stupid cops :thedoubletake:

thats just outrageous and shows how focused the population is on cannabis be it for or against, i find it so hard to believe that there are ppl still so against cannabis even tho its been proven time and time again that its totally harmless when used responsibly, and in truth is good for us ,it helps ppl that are sick and makes ppl feel good and happy even if its used just for fun, i would rather see a person of any age use cannabis than alcohol, i have seen booze destroy entire family's for multiple generations physically,mentally and financially yet its available in stores worldwide we are trusted to use it responsibly,,some do, yet we still have cannabis prohibition!?!?

I had an alcholic uncle swallow a bullet. My mother is a nice recovering alcoholic, but was a horrible violent person when drinking. My father was not a drinker, which is probably why he had too much to drink one company Christmas party before striking a drunk vagrant crossing the street in the middle. I have had two bizarre alcoholic flatmates, one I had to evict with a weapon within reach. Alcohol is absolutely, every bit the dangerous addictive abused substance that alcoholic policy makers have been claiming cannabis is. Alcohol asks us to CONSUME more and more of everything, like consuming more and more alcohol helps people feel better until they feel normal.

Weekend drinking used to be as much a part of my life as anyone's life. I drive faster, and more aggressively on two beers than none. No matter how little I drink my body hates me for it. From the marketing of alcohol to the trails of death and destruction, there is everything to despise about alcohol.

So, yeah. Alcohol is a lie. Alcohol is deadly. Alcohol is legal and OTC.

All of us here already know the joy, comfort and relief cannabis provides. For many of us, cannabis completes us to the point that it has religeous value.

Fuck anyone who believes thaf cannabis prohibition should stay.

This is without a doubt one of the best arguments I have seen so far In my life I have never seen the police show up at a persons home or cottage that is backing on 20-30 acres of bush lot which here in canada is more then likely to be filled with poison ivy or poison oak and tell them they have to go clear it all out because its dangerous to society , but a plant like marijuana which can be used from everything from medicine , to building material ,to clothing , fuel , and even explosives which can be used to destroy the buildings it was used to build. And as a fuel it has been proven that the amount of fuel produced by marijuana is equal to the amount of oxygen and it releases during the growing season.

Opps this was a reply to reformed911's post but I am medicated so you can see how it happend reply , reply with quote whats the difference.

Once again this is another case of the cops being out of control.

Back
Top Bottom