Politoed Grows Fastbuds Auto OG Kush, Cream Cookies & Grapefruit In Hempy Under 500W Budget LED

hey gang.. this grow is starting to wind down, so instead of weekly updates, im going to update as the plants get chopped, dried, weighed, and most importantly, smoked!

ive got two plants coming down by the weekend, another two a week behind that, and then the cream cookies are about 3 weeks-ish away. theyll probably go 100 days.

in the mean time, here is a beautiful nugget of og kush on day 71
FF7E89A3-2683-4FC3-B96F-B2D5CABB00F4.jpeg

I think that’s a great idea. The you’ll have more time for your new journal.... ahem. *Hint hint*
Lol. Looks killer man, Congrats. Can’t wait to see/hear the next steps.
i just mixed 45 gallons of medium and filled 15 bags. and lugged them up 3 flights of stairs.. id drop beans, but im doing a video for this run, so ill drop them tomorrow after work.

im going back to my old paranoid ways and probably over planting a bit. thats fine, ill cull if i need to, and i got some cullin to do! i will sleep on the strains one more night but i think ive got it figured out.

also i got my biggest molar yanked out a few hours ago, and as kind as the dentist was, he didnt give me real pain killers, so curses upon his bloodline for ages and ages. or maybe just a bad yelp review.

quick little update.. the first OG Kush and Grapefruit were harvested on Saturday (Day 76 from seed)! I cut them down, took the big dead fans off, and washed them. They're now hanging to dry in my small tent. Another round of one OG Kush and one Grapefruit are about 3 days behind these two. The Cream Cookies are also sprinting to the finish, I'd say about 2 weeks left on those at most. I will do a proper update for each plant once they're dried, trimmed and weighed up.. And then a separate smoke report for each pheno :D

Grapefruit on day 73
A530EEDF-4698-4144-8099-07F999DBE2BA.jpeg
943E9806-83ED-4BAE-B390-0A83F97AF57C.jpeg

39592889-F67F-43D1-B55B-86086DAB0D83.jpeg
12BCEC81-D900-4393-9068-C65394B891FD.jpeg
09652A99-FA0D-4A2A-998F-A2B84BA95E49.jpeg
EA09D7F0-45FF-4252-8398-5BFDCF742BFF.jpeg

thanks! looking forward to seeing yours

my other ogk stopped drinking at 76 days. time to harvest her too

That seems to be about the magic age for every Fastbuds auto I've grown. I hope mine produces. I've never had so much trouble with germination. I wasted 4 OG kush seeds and 4 CBD 20:1 seeds before I got one each to start to grow. Still not sure about the CBD though. It's growing leaves, but still is only a few mm above the soil.

That seems to be about the magic age for every Fastbuds auto I've grown. I hope mine produces. I've never had so much trouble with germination. I wasted 4 OG kush seeds and 4 CBD 20:1 seeds before I got one each to start to grow. Still not sure about the CBD though. It's growing leaves, but still is only a few mm above the soil.
what method were you using to germinate? i had a bad run with fastberrys. 4/5 germinated, 2 runts. so 2 nice plants for a $60 pack, and one LSD25 also runted which was meant to replace the dead fastberry.

conversely, last run i went 9/9 with 9 beautiful plants. some packs are just duds i suppose.

the og i harvest is piney and fueley with a hint of citrus like normal og kush. the one thats still up smells like a pink starburst dipped in gasoline and is very purple and way frostier than the other. i wonder if youll get one of those phenos or something totally different. either way it should be incredible

what method were you using to germinate? i had a bad run with fastberrys. 4/5 germinated, 2 runts. so 2 nice plants for a $60 pack, and one LSD25 also runted which was meant to replace the dead fastberry.

conversely, last run i went 9/9 with 9 beautiful plants. some packs are just duds i suppose.

the og i harvest is piney and fueley with a hint of citrus like normal og kush. the one thats still up smells like a pink starburst dipped in gasoline and is very purple and way frostier than the other. i wonder if youll get one of those phenos or something totally different. either way it should be incredible
I tried about everything. My usual method has been to drop a bean into a rapid rooter and put it in a germination station with heat pad and dome. I think the first try I overwet the rooters and one seed grew and is still doing ok in my current grow. The other two just did nothing. Next I tried peat pellets which have worked for me in the past. Several failures and then tried the paper towel method and then to soil. That netted me one little plant that is growing, but not stretching (it's about 3mm off the soil, if that) then I went back to the rapid rooter and didn't overwet the thing and two days later I have a very nice little OG kush that I transferred to her final pot last night.
Bottom line is that I think I oversoaked the failed peat pellets and rapid rooters. When I do it right, the rapid rooters seem the fastest and most reliable method.

here is a sneak peak of what my new journal will be like.. first the 18/6 room and then the 12/12

veg station for bonsais and clones
EFF67278-37CB-49E2-9405-69AA336134DA.jpeg

light 1 (will be sea of purple, 9 autos)
D32996A4-E174-479A-A094-555985FEF838.jpeg

light 2 (will be sativa sog, 9 autos)
C789FE32-41F9-465B-8E89-80B0B00881C2.jpeg

12/12 room
the cloned tops that survived when i started training the bonsais. they got flipped to 12/12 today, and some were trained as well. worried about the height as they vegged for 2 weeks while i finished building the new rooms. nothing a quadline cant fix (i hope :D)
5C0C03B9-ED8B-48B9-AF8A-9A79967D47E6.jpeg

2 SSH, 2 Grape Ape, 1 Blue Dream, (new420guy)
1 Chicle, 1 MK Ultra, 1 Citron Givre (TH Seeds)

the other light space is “empty” while it waits for the 55 clones from the other room to root and my current autos to finish

i also dropped 20 new seeds tonight to strain/pheno hunt. i will bonsai those up and grow trays of those clones as well. i am very limited with height and this seems like a fun way to grow.

this first run has 13 plants, 12 different phenos (the grape apes look identical but the rest are markedly different). the second run features top name genetics all around, which i will post up in my new journal within a few weeks.

the autos will come down this weekend (the trichs on cream cookies are all milky with a few amber but almost no clear) and are finishing under my trusty @Budget LED s. they just joined the group in the other room for the photo, and theyre sorry for cheating on you

i just want to reiterate how great these lights are. ive used other leds in the past, as well as hid and these nugs are as dense and frosty as ever, if not more. i couldnt be happier with the lights and thats why ill be relying on them for my photos since there is no room for compromise in a 4 per sq foot SOG.

ive had most success with the seeds in a cup of water method myself. second is just dropping them 1cm into the medium and pouring like 30ml of water over it.

i always try to blame myself and troubleshoot before blaming the seeds or genetics but sometimes its really out of your hands

here is a sneak peak of what my new journal will be like.. first the 18/6 room and then the 12/12

veg station for bonsais and clones
EFF67278-37CB-49E2-9405-69AA336134DA.jpeg

light 1 (will be sea of purple, 9 autos)
D32996A4-E174-479A-A094-555985FEF838.jpeg

light 2 (will be sativa sog, 9 autos)
C789FE32-41F9-465B-8E89-80B0B00881C2.jpeg

12/12 room
the cloned tops that survived when i started training the bonsais. they got flipped to 12/12 today, and some were trained as well. worried about the height as they vegged for 2 weeks while i finished building the new rooms. nothing a quadline cant fix (i hope :D)
5C0C03B9-ED8B-48B9-AF8A-9A79967D47E6.jpeg

2 SSH, 2 Grape Ape, 1 Blue Dream, (new420guy)
1 Chicle, 1 MK Ultra, 1 Citron Givre (TH Seeds)

the other light space is “empty” while it waits for the 55 clones from the other room to root and my current autos to finish

i also dropped 20 new seeds tonight to strain/pheno hunt. i will bonsai those up and grow trays of those clones as well. i am very limited with height and this seems like a fun way to grow.

this first run has 13 plants, 12 different phenos (the grape apes look identical but the rest are markedly different). the second run features top name genetics all around, which i will post up in my new journal within a few weeks.

the autos will come down this weekend (the trichs on cream cookies are all milky with a few amber but almost no clear) and are finishing under my trusty @Budget LED s. they just joined the group in the other room for the photo, and theyre sorry for cheating on you

i just want to reiterate how great these lights are. ive used other leds in the past, as well as hid and these nugs are as dense and frosty as ever, if not more. i couldnt be happier with the lights and thats why ill be relying on them for my photos since there is no room for compromise in a 4 per sq foot SOG.

WOW! Amazing setup there. Can't wait to see it in full bloom.

Harvest Day - OG Kush 1

After 5 days hanging (and 5 dry in the dark prior to chop) the OG Kush #1 was ready to trim up. Here she is just before chop, and then the aftermath.

My roommate insisted on trying it and I couldn’t not partake. It is fantastic but I will wait for a bit of a cure before the real smoke report.

I am sold on washing the buds. Its the smoothest smoke I ever had, and its only just barely dry.

Final weight on the plant is 44.1g of solid nuggets and 1.5g hash from dry sift (3 runs on the 150 screen), I did not weigh the trim and there was no larf.

I am extra excited for the other 5 plants as this was the smallest one and by far the least frosty. And it is some awesome herb.

CEBBCC23-7649-448D-A097-A687945D3751.jpeg
1E2B4528-E7A2-4DB6-9B0E-365D80E2CD1B.jpeg
59CA4A16-DB84-4024-8D76-79C777561E15.jpeg
98331E1C-62AA-4380-8FF0-89D44EF13CF2.jpeg
ED20EED5-69A3-4CEE-8D3B-94D66E59563E.jpeg
75357A40-9198-401D-A9FA-01CCC04B4161.jpeg

gracias.. the awesome peach ring grapefruit should be ready to trim up tomorrow or saturday. cant wait to see how that turns out. i should also be chopping the four remaining plants this weekend

Sounds like you have some work cut out for you. My least favorite job is taking down and trimming. I'm still trying to figure out the best way to dry and cure.

Sounds like you have some work cut out for you. My least favorite job is taking down and trimming. I'm still trying to figure out the best way to dry and cure.
lol nice pun

how do you dry now? ive been cutting them into quarters (so they fit in the wash bucket) and hanging them in my old tent. small 6” fan pointing at the floor of the tent, one vent open. keep it in my dark bedroom at about 68°f and 60% rh

i wannna get some big ass bins to wash in so i can hang more of the plant whole and slow the dry time a bit more

Back
Top Bottom