Politoed Grows Fastbuds Auto OG Kush, Cream Cookies & Grapefruit In Hempy Under 500W Budget LED

[Harvest Info]
OG Kush (1) - Day 76 - Yield: 44.1g
OG Kush (2) - Day 82 - Yield: 60g
Cream Cookies (1/lg) - Day 82 - Yield: 86g
Cream Cookies (2/sm) - Day 82 - Yield: 56.6g
Grapefruit (1/PeachRing) - Day 76 - Yield: 56.1g
Grapefruit (2) - Day 82 - Yield: 66.8g

1.5gal hempy (100% perlite)
GH Flora Trio, Calmag+, Epsom Salts
500w Budget LED s3+rspec
4x4 tent

Smoke Reports
OG Kush
#1 Super smooth. Smells fruity and pungent. Very stoney, great body and mental euphoria.
#2 Smells like pink Starburst dipped in gasoline. More hybrid pheno in appearance and effect, seems more diesel/chem-ish.
85796F32-8A17-4B7C-9AAE-ECD3F58184B5.jpeg

Cream Cookies
#1/lg - Smells sweet and like cookies. Fluffier sativa dominant pheno with slight kush and durban notes. Hybrid, but slightly "up" high.
#2/sm - Smells like Chips Ahoy/Famous Amous with durban/hazey and kush vibes. Taste is very durban/haze on the exhale. High is super balanced between the kush and sativa. Love this plant.
E2E940F4-04C3-4C7E-9ABD-1009B217C185.jpeg

Grapefruit
#1/PeachRing - Cured to maintain the smell, adding some sweet and citrus vibes along with it. Super up high, you feel it behind the eyes almost immediately. Giggly and euphoric, not a "racey" sativa at all.
#2 - More traditional citral strain, sativa high with a bit of a mellow side to it as well. Strong orange vibes, thick smoke.
0F6221D1-12A9-45EE-9391-00D576C22E77.jpeg

Lessons Learned
*the most important part*
- I should have filled the buckets with more medium. I ran out of perlite, but excuses = lower yields.
- I could have fit more plants in the tent. I was worried I would end up with some of these 14oz monsters for some reason. I understand size of autos better now.
- I should have fed calmag sooner, and more of it. The deficiency showed up quickly, but it was already “too late”.
- Trying to manage hempy while mixing multiple feeds per day is a very time consuming method for a one man show. I will be going back to soil, and experimenting with DWC and drip systems eventually.
- Bud washing is nice. I do notice a difference in the smoothness and quality in my flowers, as well as a seemingly accelerated curing process.
- Chemdog and Durban make up a big part of most of my favorite genetics. Seeking these strains out for future breeding projects of my own is interesting.
- LED lighting has made great advances and these nuggets beat out my best HID grown nuggets.
- “Quadlining” is awesome. I think this method/similar methods of combining topping, lollipopping and LST really combine to give you a nice structured plant, comprised mostly of main top colas.
- Dry sift from the trim rules.

-

That does it for this journal. Thank you to everyone who stopped in and took a look, shared knowledge or just traded banter. Tagging those who may be interested in seeing the finish. Take care!
@Budget LED @THC Onlyfans @Canadianclstgrower @420BudzFreak @Canadadoes @FelipeBlu @Sunnyskies @Rickstertp @StRoostifer
and anyone else I missed, thanks again
superb journal truly I've read the whole thing, twice and found many helpful bits of information plus the summary at the end of the journal was most helpful as currently one grapefruit auto (fast buds) sits in the batter up box at day four of having cracked the seed. I will top and lst accordingly in a soil and qb set up as soon as my Jack OG finishes up bloom phase. Thanks again for the attention to detail and clear language, well done.

thank you so much! i have my 2 room setup almost running smoothly.

2x 9 plant auto SOG/SOPs under Mars TSW2000s
13 bonsai moms and 20 seedlings under my shop light (and some clones sometimes)
8 photos that were vegged for 2.5 weeks or so under one of my 250w Budget lights
24 clones that were vegged just til they were established and growing again under the other (and a few more to come as well)

just trying to find that magic photo plant out of 36 plants and 40+ seeds.. i may keep SOGging after that, I may do a giant auto run, who knows.

eventually i want to pheno hunt / breed my own blueberrys. i have some beans from dj short, sagarmatha and dutch passion to dig through.
Hey Politoed :ciao:

how are things coming along for your next grow?

superb journal truly I've read the whole thing, twice and found many helpful bits of information plus the summary at the end of the journal was most helpful as currently one grapefruit auto (fast buds) sits in the batter up box at day four of having cracked the seed. I will top and lst accordingly in a soil and qb set up as soon as my Jack OG finishes up bloom phase. Thanks again for the attention to detail and clear language, well done.
im really glad you enjoyed it! what medium are you growing in? I will say the grapefruit has proven to be my favorite overall plant of this batch. it was the hardiest, took any and all nutes very well, always prayed to the light, survived a fan smash.. the smell taste and effect are incredible and I get compliments from anyone who has tried it. I wish you all the success on your grow and feel free to message me about anything if you need to!
Hey Politoed :ciao:

how are things coming along for your next grow?
hey friend! great! the fastberrys are about to come down in a few days from the transition grow.. the real deal is up and killing it. im running 18 autos in 3 gal pots and theyre basically all flowering already! then on the 12/12 side ive got 8 photos about halfway thru flowering, and 32 clones that just went in this week. ill start a new journal soon I promise!

im really glad you enjoyed it! what medium are you growing in? I will say the grapefruit has proven to be my favorite overall plant of this batch. it was the hardiest, took any and all nutes very well, always prayed to the light, survived a fan smash.. the smell taste and effect are incredible and I get compliments from anyone who has tried it. I wish you all the success on your grow and feel free to message me about anything if you need to!

hey friend! great! the fastberrys are about to come down in a few days from the transition grow.. the real deal is up and killing it. im running 18 autos in 3 gal pots and theyre basically all flowering already! then on the 12/12 side ive got 8 photos about halfway thru flowering, and 32 clones that just went in this week. ill start a new journal soon I promise!
Dude that’s fucking awesome! Your new journal is going to be one wild ride! Like Steven King’s riding the bullet ! :headbanger:

Btw funny I’d like to share with ya about the OG kush. Took one of mine down Monday because she matured 3 weeks faster than her very sativa dominant sibling that’s still flowering. So last night I trimmed her up and jarred then. Took a few samples of lowers for testers. I think your description is spot on with the og kush. The lil woman and I took some pops off it last night and 10 minutes later it was still coming on strong. After about 15 my lady says the she’s ripped and feels dumb :rofl:

Can’t wait to feel the effects after they’ve cured for a bit.

sweet, growing in straight ffof but seeds started in a cup of perlite, qb super cheap 67 dolla especial 100wt draw but it posts superior #s than my 1yr old 1000wt blurple umol etc so i pulled the amazin lever and the qb arrives Monday. we shall see how it goes. water is rain barrel collected at 6.4 ish ph. Gorrila Glue auto should pop today blue dream photoperiod seedling already blueish love that, going to be a mother plant for the fall.
Will be looking forward to your next journal sounds cool af over there. Jack og sitting in the sun while I clean the room.

Attachments

• 20200830_093049.jpg
    20200830_093049.jpg
    869.1 KB · Views: 67
Btw funny I’d like to share with ya about the OG kush. Took one of mine down Monday because she matured 3 weeks faster than her very sativa dominant sibling that’s still flowering. So last night I trimmed her up and jarred then. Took a few samples of lowers for testers. I think your description is spot on with the og kush. The lil woman and I took some pops off it last night and 10 minutes later it was still coming on strong. After about 15 my lady says the she’s ripped and feels dumb :rofl:

Can’t wait to feel the effects after they’ve cured for a bit.
very cool! I definitely think I couldve taken the kushes down a week earlier each, respectively, but the colors were getting so pretty I couldnt resist keeping her alive :D the smell tapered off on the early pheno in the jar for 2 weeks, and came back stronger than ever a few days ago. its great stuff. the late pheno is very diesely and is still soft in the jars a bit. im glad you enjoyed the plants and congrats on the harvest
sweet, growing in straight ffof but seeds started in a cup of perlite, qb super cheap 67 dolla especial 100wt draw but it posts superior #s than my 1yr old 1000wt blurple umol etc so i pulled the amazin lever and the qb arrives Monday. we shall see how it goes. water is rain barrel collected at 6.4 ish ph. Gorrila Glue auto should pop today blue dream photoperiod seedling already blueish love that, going to be a mother plant for the fall.
Will be looking forward to your next journal sounds cool af over there. Jack og sitting in the sun while I clean the room.
oh cool! im using ffof for all my new stuff too. I just cant handle that many hempy buckets alone without some type of drip system, and my water access is too limited to really rig up hydro where I am. I hope you new light kills it

@politoed with regards to the late flowering og would it be best to harvest before any amber shows?
honestly, probably, in my opinion. but im sure there are more than 2 phenos in that gene pool so its hard to say. i definitely noticed the trichs maturing a lot slower on autos than photos. when i chopped there was barely any amber but now the nugs are very golden in color and opposed white and light green. i almost wish i followed the trich color on the small sugar leaves rather than the nugs. idk if its ruderalis or my shitty eyes but it was hard to tell on trichs alone this time.

honestly, probably, in my opinion. but im sure there are more than 2 phenos in that gene pool so its hard to say. i definitely noticed the trichs maturing a lot slower on autos than photos. when i chopped there was barely any amber but now the nugs are very golden in color and opposed white and light green. i almost wish i followed the trich color on the small sugar leaves rather than the nugs. idk if its ruderalis or my shitty eyes but it was hard to tell on trichs alone this time.
Than you! This girl is definitely growing like a sativa hybrid so I’m thinking she might be a nice one for the daytime.

quick little update.. the first OG Kush and Grapefruit were harvested on Saturday (Day 76 from seed)! I cut them down, took the big dead fans off, and washed them. They're now hanging to dry in my small tent. Another round of one OG Kush and one Grapefruit are about 3 days behind these two. The Cream Cookies are also sprinting to the finish, I'd say about 2 weeks left on those at most. I will do a proper update for each plant once they're dried, trimmed and weighed up.. And then a separate smoke report for each pheno :D

Grapefruit on day 73
A530EEDF-4698-4144-8099-07F999DBE2BA.jpeg
943E9806-83ED-4BAE-B390-0A83F97AF57C.jpeg

39592889-F67F-43D1-B55B-86086DAB0D83.jpeg
12BCEC81-D900-4393-9068-C65394B891FD.jpeg
09652A99-FA0D-4A2A-998F-A2B84BA95E49.jpeg
EA09D7F0-45FF-4252-8398-5BFDCF742BFF.jpeg
Nice buds brother

Back
Top Bottom