Possible Hermie? Need Help - Pics Inside-

JamNinja

Alright so here is the deal, got some girls about 5 weeks into flower.
All plants had previously shown female (cept 1 male, RIP) and everything was going good.
About a week back one of the girls (one of the Northern lights from my journal) started clawing really bad.
She is the furthest from the light, and all of the other plants are doing great so i can't turn the light down.
Her Ph was a bit low (around 6) so I have been slowly trying to increase her PH.
They always get fed around 6.7 (soil) anyway, just been feeding her a tiny bit higher.
She is now stable around 6.5 but still clawing like crazy, and now I see some weird sack looking things on just a few of her nodes. I carefully plucked a few and nothing was inside of them. The top buds also look a bit weird, the leaves inside seem to be thicker and sticking up? IDk how to explain it. Ill drop some picks and see what you guys think.
Sticking off the left right below second node form bottom, about middle of pic
20150414_212236.jpg

Sry about horrible camera, all i have right now is my phone. You can see the sack thingy though
20150414_211046.jpg

Horrible pic but you can see it with trics all over it
20150414_211103.jpg

A few from the top showing the biggest buds
20150414_211103.jpg
20150414_212057.jpg

Then just for fun, this is my other NL who is healthy. Enjoy :D
20150414_212318.jpg

Thanks in advance for any help guys!!

Yeah it looks to me like too much nitrogen- like it needs a flush. Re the other problem, which I can't really see in the photos - I'm viewing on my phone, but maybe the things you are talking about are swollen calyxes- seedpods? Sometimes they just get big and swollen, other times it's because they are pollinated and have seeds forming in them, which you would see if you dug them open and find anything at all inside. Is this maybe what you are talking about?

Yeah it looks to me like too much nitrogen- like it needs a flush. Re the other problem, which I can't really see in the photos - I'm viewing on my phone, but maybe the things you are talking about are swollen calyxes- seedpods? Sometimes they just get big and swollen, other times it's because they are pollinated and have seeds forming in them, which you would see if you dug them open and find anything at all inside. Is this maybe what you are talking about?
Thanks for the fast responses guys! I will try giving her another hard flush. Yeah the was looking things I'm seeing have hairs coming out of them, also digging a few I found nothing hard inside. Hoping just some swelling.

They take over a month to form seeds if they got pollinated, from some hermie flowers hiding somewhere. Immature seeds will be soft white things inside the calyxes. But having large empty (unpollinated) calyxes is a normal thing too especially on some strains.

They take over a month to form seeds if they got pollinated, from some hermie flowers hiding somewhere. Immature seeds will be soft white things inside the calyxes. But having large empty (unpollinated) calyxes is a normal thing too especially on some strains.
how big will these soft white things be? I probably won't even be in flower another month so that doesn't sound to bad. Would you know if a sac broke? Would you be able to see pollen laying around?

That's a good point professor. I've never used any sort of time release nutrient loaded soil, so it hadn't occurred to me.
Re. The calyxes -they don't contain pollen. Pollen is produced by yellow flowers, either from a male or a hermie. The white hairs (pistils) sticking out of the calyxes catch the pollen if there is any. After pollination, a seed grows inside the calyx. It takes about 5 weeks to go from nothing to a finished seed. If you are curious, just dissect one. It should be empty. If you are worried about hermies- inspect for any sort of yellow flowers, sometimes growing right from the buds.

How to Grow Marijuana Everything You Need to Know

That's a good point professor. I've never used any sort of time release nutrient loaded soil, so it hadn't occurred to me.
Re. The calyxes -they don't contain pollen. Pollen is produced by yellow flowers, either from a male or a hermie. The white hairs (pistils) sticking out of the calyxes catch the pollen if there is any. After pollination, a seed grows inside the calyx. It takes about 5 weeks to go from nothing to a finished seed. If you are curious, just dissect one. It should be empty. If you are worried about hermies- inspect for any sort of yellow flowers, sometimes growing right from the buds.

How to Grow Marijuana Everything You Need to Know
Using Fox farms OF and Fox farms nutes. But yeah I show no nanners at all so I'm hoping I'm just being paranoid. Thanks for the help guys. Flushing today, let you know how it goes.

Back
Top Bottom