Pot Hacks!

Detroit Shroomz

You're welcome

20201227_153326.jpg

20201227_153352.jpg

Great idea. Home made air pot.
But, will it not be difficult to get soil into those deep protrusions? I'm trying to imagine what it might do to the root system also.

It would make a great hat
it was kinda just a joke...kinda lol...but honestly the protrusions would benefit the for air pruning thats the whole point would be to let those pockets of air act as a natural prune a greater concern would be the cheap thin plastic holding up to the outdoor elements

Joking aside you guys know that weird underlayment stuff that kinda looks like a 4x8' sheet of unrolled airpot? (Or in this case a roll of 150'):

71Dlc8uLRVL._AC_SL1300_.jpg

I'm thinking I might give making my own airpots a go.
Would work great as long as the pockets have breathers...you have to pop holes in each bubble but would still be way cheaper most likely...but i still go with fabric pots much better imo

Way too much work and too fragile. I use $2 buckets that are 5gals and drill some holes near the last 1/3rd. They has forever, have a few other uses, are cleaned easily and are even handy when moving too! I am looking into the 20 gallon fabric pots though...for outdoors.

Joking aside you guys know that weird underlayment stuff that kinda looks like a 4x8' sheet of unrolled airpot? (Or in this case a roll of 150'):

71Dlc8uLRVL._AC_SL1300_.jpg

I'm thinking I might give making my own airpots a go.
Will you send me a couple! I think your on to something! But I think we as a whole community need to try to use less plastic! I like the fabric pots, til I got to take the damn plant out and clean the things!

Will you send me a couple! I think your on to something! But I think we as a whole community need to try to use less plastic! I like the fabric pots, til I got to take the damn plant out and clean the things!
Hah! I appreciate the confidence in my ability to finagle cheap stuff but it'd be outright intellectual theft if I made and sold them...legal or not it'd be a shit move. If I do buy the stuff and figure out a way to make it work kinda cheaply I'll just post a how-to. it should be fairly simple even if it comes down to velcro bands and pop rivets.

Back
Top Bottom