pot transfer

drdanks

i have a plant in a 5 gallon bucket. i would like to put it into a 5gal pot with proper drainage. whats the best way to go about this?:roorrip::rollit:

i have a plant in a 5 gallon bucket. i would like to put it into a 5gal pot with proper drainage. whats the best way to go about this?:roorrip::rollit:

Irie is right that it may get hairy by yourself.

If you cant get help here is my advice:

1. Let the plant dry out, don't try and transfer it just after it's been watered.

2. Put some fresh medium in the new pot but leave room for the transplanted dirt. Depending on how long the plant has been in the 5 gall bucket, the roots will hold most of the dirt together.

3. place your hand on the base of the stem ,,, let the stem rest between your middle and ring finger... then turn the plant upsode down and shake it until the entire plant and medium start to slide out of the bucket. Once its out use your other hand on the bottom of the root ball/medium and turn it back over into the new pot.

You may lose some dirt but you'll be OK.

drdanks is right. Why risk the trans plant just drill 3 to 5 holes in bottom of bucket or buy a cheep soldering iron and melt the holes watch the melted plastic.

Back
Top Bottom