Questions on transplanting

Newbgrower777

420 Member
Hello all new to the site and all I can say is wow this place is awesome! My question is I'm going to run my grow in 5 gallon smart pots I was wondering if I can do the whole grow through these or do I absolutely have to put them in a smaller pot to begin with and then transfer to the larger 5 gallon pots what would be the pros and cons here. Thanks in advance everybody, just for a little info I will be using Coco for my media.

I usually start in a solo cup or similar
Just easier to manage and water, and not over water. Then after 2 weeks or so transplant to final pot

To me it's just easier than a bunch of seedlings in 5gal pots

Now Coco is different, haven't used it, but I do grow in Hempy and still start in smaller pots

Welcome to 420 mag! What Chris says is what I have been doing. Unless, of course, you plan on growing Autos. If you do, I recommend you plant them directly into the final pot. Their life cycle is so much shorter that it really doesn't matter. Also, I have found that Autos are much more touchy and sensitive than photo plants. Just my two cents..

Nope going to do feminized OG Cali Kush so I will probably just start in Solo cups and move my way up , I've done a ton of reading on here last night this site is so useful, thanks so much for the reply you guys

Back
Top Bottom