Potassium deficiency?

DesertGrower

So glad I found this forum; such a wealth of knowledge. I've been lurking for a while but this is my first post.

Now that I'm located in a medically legal state I decided to take a serious crack at growing. I've messed around with it in the past but noting much came of it.

Set Up:
First week of flower
White Rhyno in #3 containers (from clone)
Fox Farm Ocean Forest soil
Fox farm nutrient trio (just started not much feeding up to now)
Mars Hydro 600 & (2) Viper Spectra 600
6" carbon filter - to be installed when odor becomes present
Average Temp: 80 deg w/ high of 88
RH: between 30-40%
Water: 6.5 ph 350-400ppm (yeah the ppm is f'ing crazy)

I was using a grow tent out in the garage but the crazy desert temps durning the summer forced me to make a makeshift room in the closet.

image14055.jpeg
image14056.jpeg
image14057.jpeg

Outside of the nutrient def For the most part I'm pretty thrilled with how they are shaping up so far. From reading other posts and looking at the charts I'm thinking its a Potassium deficiency which I'm thinking should clear up now that I'm doing the Fox Farm Nutrient Trio.....thoughts???

I fed them a 5-0-0 fish emulsion once during veg so I haven't flushed. I'm now concerned that the high ppm of my water is leaving salt deposits so I'm going to flush this weekend.

I'm also planning on cutting the under growth that isn't getting adequate light off this weekend.

I greatly appreciate all the advice and opinions...........cheers

Good diagnosis on the nutrient def :thumb:

I wouldn't worry a great deal about the ppm of your tap water my own sits around 350 ppm & do just fine for soil growing, it is just other minerals etc in the water & may suggest a hard water source ?

Plants do use some of these tho...

The salt deposits are more likely Ca - calcium if it is hard water ? if you get lime scale in your kettle then we're on the right track !

Salt deposits can build up with the use of nutrients mainly so with salt / synthetic based stuff & how much or often you like to feed more likely a greater problem in flowering when peeps may use more nutrients.

Flushing seems hardly worth it ? you have only feed once whilst in veg with fish emulsion & with the growing medium used which i think should be preloaded with some nutrients in has kept you safe whilst vegging & to the point of early flowering where these nutrient may have been expended by now. hence we see a nutrient def K - potassium a nutrient to which the plant will use more in flowering along with P - phosphorus.

A good choice to get some nutrients things should start to pick up soon.

You could remove some leaf if you really wanted too ? with defoliation it is normally done in 3rd week of flowering as general guide line perhaps 25% removed & another defol later on towards the last few weeks of flowering.

Back
Top Bottom