Potentcy Scale I use

branson111190

This is my own scale , and I think it works pretty well when people are asking about bud . I try not to go by names because it tends to get confusing , and all I really wanna know is "how good is this shit I'm about to smoke/buy off of you?"

My scale is exactly this , and I'll give examples of bud that falls under the category:
Lows - THC % - 2 , dirt
Mid Lows - THC % - 3
High Lows - THC % - 5
Low mids - THC % - 8 , Reggie
Mids (Mids) - THC % - 12
High mids - THC % - 15
Low highs - THC % - 18 , Cali Kush
Med highs - THC % - 21
highs - THC % - 25 or higher , white widow

This covers both Sativa and Indica strains .

:scratchinghead: interesting! ;)

I'm now in a local where this scale is probably more appropriate..I wouldn't trust a strain name here if it were given to me.. That is, if I ever find anything! :lot-o-toke:

In Hawaii, I had the option of generally 4 or 5 strains, all legit. Either local stuff or from cali... I find it interesting that people always consider white widow so great, I have never been fond of it. It all varies though sometimes WW is awesome! But I admit, I am a fan of the "fruity" tasting buds! :drool:

The variance is nuts, seriously! You will find strains that say 13% on sites when they are tested... That will knock you down way more than things that say 20%, its just weird! Then again, there was a good article somewhere about how they test... They asked some of the people who do the THC, CBD percentage tests (gas chromatography), they said its not a good measure really.. Because different parts of a bud will score different, and its more that they take an average.. Also, growing conditions, etc will make a huge variance... A lot of people like Durban Poison (one I've never been able to try!!) but from the tests I've read its around 8% THC... So go figure!

I'm glad you don't use a lot of really different crazy words in your scale! I like your scale bro! :high-five:
Headies, beasters, crip, chronic, etc... I get so confused! Shwag, etc... If you don't know the strain, your scale is totally on target for how we should discuss "mystery" cannabis.

That scale seems like it would be fine, but how can people test the percent of THC in their bud? Do you test it before you buy it?

THSea: Like the name btw ... lol . Anyway the THC they test for varies because there are (from what I can remember) ten types of THC , and some strains have more of one than the other (or less) and have other compounds unique to that strain which give the different effects you experience . My scale goes based off of what the test results are and own experiences . I mainly use the test results though that other people have done . But I can usually judge how much THC is in bud by the amount crystals , how high i get/high i become , what kind of high i have , and the texture of the bud/stickiness .

Do you pass out fliers too so everybody knows your ratios and highness scale?? I got an easier one...Alright, good, great, or killer! It has worked for me and my group of smokers, but maybe were just "oldschool"...Not to say its a bad idea, it just seems like a lot of info to remember for a bunch of stoners...I could imagine giving my money to someone and them getting back with my shit and beating their brain up trying to remember what rating it was rated on the scale that works pretty well for you...I think also the names are a reminder as to how good you smoke is...I usually don't see more than 4-5 strains at a time........Good luck with that one

...wait a minute... So if you get some Blueberry, and its 'highs'... Do you call it White Widow?? And 'low-high' white widow, cali kush??

:blunt:"yo dawg, this is some cali kush"
:rollit: "naw bro, this rocks, this is some white widow!"
:hmmmm: "but... I grew this, this is cali kush!"
:headbanger: "This is my scale G, better respect mine, or anger the tech nine! Ch-chick-POW!"

I'm just kidding dude, I really don't mean to offend you. Just looked at the scale in a new way and got a laugh...Man, I gotta stop coming online tired... Also stop listening to wu-tang.. Neither will probably happen and I apologize.

again, I know what you mean by the scale.. Just wanted to joke around... miwohaji maseyo!! :hug:

any-who *serious discussion time*..from what I've read.. they didn't even mention types of THC being a factor.. Just that the tests we're a bad indicator in general, since the quantity varies across the plant and even from across a bud... But who knows, it could be a factor... I know World of Seeds accounts for THC content and THCV when it is present in certain strains... You bring up an interesting point, friend... :hmmmm: But regardless it will definitely vary on a strain due to the: phenotype, environment, time of harvest, drying and curing...

Is the types of THC varying the tests your speculation? Or have you read this from a source? If it is from a source, please post a link!! I mean, pretty please? :)
I had just assumed they took this into account but honestly haven't read anything on it... Infact, have read very little about the testing in general.
I would say the source where I read the article about the tests, but it is from the "Elevated Age" magazine, and I don't know if we are allowed to talk about them... Heck, I don't even know if I can find the article online! Gave away the magazine before I left Hawaii. Shoot.

Of course, since quality of a high also varies due to the other terpenoid content.. And those aren't always THC... oh carp, now were gonna over complicate the rating scale! Abandon ship! I'm to tired to think like this! Goodnight!

Thanks for the compliment on my handle BTW :)

and thank you for the intriguing thoughts! even if its making my sleepy head hurt.

Interesting.

I base it on:

Cured well?
Dried well?
Taste well?
Trimmed superb?
Big, medium or small nugs?
Frosty?
Smell strong?
Sticky?
Dense?

If you can say yes to all those questions, you will usually have some fire.

This is the type of identifying I do when I grow my own just out of interest but rarely do I go through that much interest when getting it from another source until I get home of course and get to lookin at the stuff and realize I'm really high!! There is rarely any good enough shit around here to even get to this point unless you grow it yourself or know numerous sources with great shit, I personally don't know that many people other than me who have good smoke on a regular basis to get it from...Hell, even the dispensaries are overrated in Vegas...Don't get me wrong though, if it was always decent green around I may get into it alot more than I do...:goodluck:...Your from Cali, a lot more interest and effort go into the goods there!!!!!

Interesting.

I base it on:

Cured well?
Dried well?
Taste well?
Trimmed superb?
Big, medium or small nugs?
Frosty?
Smell strong?
Sticky?
Dense?

If you can say yes to all those questions, you will usually have some fire.

I do the same , but the one I posted was a more "professional" looking scale , which I do agree most people won't ever use haha . The scale I think everyone can use is either Reggie , Goodie , Exotics .

And THSEA no oofense is taken :popcorn: the strain names were only examples . And about a source , well damn son your asking me to actually do some work for once :p that was a while ago so I don't remember much about it , but it's there somewhere . Maybe I'll see if I can find it later . And yea terps matter (part of the other compunds that affect the high you experience).

If I forgot to reply to somebody , sorry I'm under the influence of the ganja :roorrip:

There is a thread on the site that discusses some terpenes, and even a few of their effects... I think it was about a release Greenhouse Seeds did... :hmmmm:
I'll try to find it for ya. :reading420magazine: read, read, read... It's all I do now that I moved!

On a side note, I am now 1month without herb... and starting to have very vivid dreams again... Last night I was helping some dude train a tiger in Korea.. :loopy::rofl:

haha I recently went three weeks without it and now im 1 week strong being high :) and thats good to hear , but nothing beats a nice high dream ;)

Back
Top Bottom