PowerpuffGirl's 1st Bubbles Grow

really i said fuck it for this grow cus its kinda l8 and i dont have money right now....but thx for the info and agreed on the bud pr0n its looking great but power what is ur take on the solubles? did u use them? if so how much and how did it work?

I used the Open Sesame for 3 weeks and I've been on Beastie Bloomz for a week at 1/4 tsp per gallon in addition to the regularly scheduled FF nutes with no bad effects so far. It's my first grow though, so that says poo about whether the plants show better development because I'm using the solubles versus not. I don't have a clean comparison.

3/7: Day 75, Day 69 out of rockwool for SLH and WC, Day 26 BLOOM!!!

I took a few more pictures of the buds today.

WHITE CASTLE:

She has denser, more well-formed colas at this point. I have a hard time capturing how nifty the full tops look on camera.

PPG-Day75-1.JPG

PPG-Day75-2.JPG

PPG-Day75-3.JPG

SUPER LEMON HAZE:

She's developing trichs in some areas now too. Not densely packed, but a whole lot of budding. For the most part, this plant looks like something out of a Doctor Seuss book to me.

PPG-Day75-4.JPG

PPG-Day75-5.JPG

The difference in bud progression so far is another point against mixing strains. I have a feeling the WC is going to be ready to chop a week or two before the SLH. If I'm going to do anything like 48 hours of darkness before the chop, I'll have to temporarily clear room in another closet.

3/7: Day 75, Day 69 out of rockwool for SLH and WC, Day 26 BLOOM!!!

I took a few more pictures of the buds today.

WHITE CASTLE:

She has denser, more well-formed colas at this point. I have a hard time capturing how nifty the full tops look on camera.

SUPER LEMON HAZE:

She's developing trichs in some areas now too. Not densely packed, but a whole lot of budding. For the most part, this plant looks like something out of a Doctor Seuss book to me.

The difference in bud progression so far is another point against mixing strains. I have a feeling the WC is going to be ready to chop a week or two before the SLH. If I'm going to do anything like 48 hours of darkness before the chop, I'll have to temporarily clear room in another closet.

I agree entirely, I really feel as though you should keep different strains in different containers. That's what I'm doing this time, keeping my sour diesel in one bucket and the Northern Lights in another.

Hey PPG, I read that the SLH is more sativa dominant, maybe that is why it looks so different. I can see from the pics it has skinnier leaves then the WC does. That's a sativa leaf i think. They look really good either way. I hope I can get at least one of my WC's to look as nice as you have yours!

I'm kind of bummed out right now. After a res change tonight, I went downstairs and found water leaking through a light fixture below the bathroom where I've been doing my plant maintenance. I'm suspecting there's a drainage problem with that bathtub. After turning off the breaker, I'm now wondering how much I'm going to have to have a plumber and possibly electrician marching around inside my house, the extent of the damage, and how I'm going to juggle the stealth & health of my plants if there's any extended repairwork. Arrrrgh.

thats a bummer, i hope everything works out for you. you have a great grow going on and id hate to see it take a turn for the worst.

Well i hope the damage is tiny. The plants look very good and healthy I hope you dont have any problems

I'm kind of bummed out right now. After a res change tonight, I went downstairs and found water leaking through a light fixture below the bathroom where I've been doing my plant maintenance. I'm suspecting there's a drainage problem with that bathtub. After turning off the breaker, I'm now wondering how much I'm going to have to have a plumber and possibly electrician marching around inside my house, the extent of the damage, and how I'm going to juggle the stealth & health of my plants if there's any extended repairwork. Arrrrgh.

thats a bummer. What you going to do? got anyplace to hide them? Got anyone to help you move them?

Thanks guys. There isn't really any damage to plaster to show. I was most concerned about the leak coming out of the light fixture and the possibility of an electrical fire, and, of course, stopping the water from coming out of there.

Things look manageable right now. The dripping stopped after about an hour. There was about 3 cups of water total and it looked pretty clear. It's rained each day since and I've run the bath and sink water above tons without being able to reproduce the leak. Right now my theories are it's either a problem with runoff from my AC, or it was water I spilled on the bathroom floor while I was doing the res change.

Unless something changes, I think I can hold off the 6-8 weeks until both plants are harvested before I get anything inspected. <fingers crossed>

3/13: Day 81, Day 75 out of rockwool for SLH and WC, Day 32 BLOOM!!!

Here are some pics I took between yesterday and today. I'm nearing week 5 of bloom, and I'm guesstimating that the White Castle will take 8-10 weeks and the Super Lemon Haze will take 10-12 weeks of bloom time.

Here's one pic with a little of where the two plants meet. In the foreground are some of the SLH's buds (what I've been thinking of as Dr. Seuss 'Lorax bait' :) ) and in the undergrowth is one of the WC's small colas.

PPG-Day81-1.JPG

As for growth off the individual plants...

White Castle:

PPG-Day80-7.JPG

PPG-Day79-2.JPG

PPG-Day79-1.JPG

PPG-Day80-4.JPG

Super Lemon Haze:

PPG-Day81-2.JPG

PPG-Day80-6.JPG

PPG-Day80-2.JPG

PPG-Day80-1.JPG

Back
Top Bottom