PPP Deformity (possible stretching?)

Stingy-Piss

Sorry, I know this is already in Vegetative cycle, but I wasn't sure if that was the right place.

A friend of mine is growing some Pure Power Plants from nivarna (two to be precise). They are around a month old and are not looking at all healthy. He is growing them under a blue LED panel (he has a red but does not think it will do any good for the vegetation, so does not use it..thoughts on this?)

To me it looks like a serious case of stretching, the stems are incredibly thin and cannot support themselves, they are held with a small stick. The top has around three small leaves.

Do any of you have any idea if firstly, these poor things will survive. And secondly, how to right the situation. (I have already instructed him to move the panel much closer).

Thanks a bunch!

(Sorry, I don't have a picture, hopefully this drawing will do, its fairly accurate.)

Dang it needs support already thats crazy lol. Yup that sucker is stretching. You can easily save a stretched plant its very simple. Lower those lights to almost 2 inchs above the tops. Bury those stems with soil. This will fix the stretching, and once the lights are lower you'll really notice em take off. Plus the stem you just put underground will start to grow roots as well. I would also put that red light on them. The more light the better. Hope that helps again lol :rollit:

Oh, lol. I just re-posted this here because I wasn't sure if vegetation cycle was the right place to post it.

Thanks again though!

Lowering the lights works great for stretching - if the lights aren't LED.

I have read a couple of journals here that stated that if their LEDs were too close it caused stretching.

Someone - it might have been Be Irie but it might not have - mentioned 16"?

And I would think about mixing in some other wavelengths. Cannabis really wants more than just one. Most bulbs, while they are primarily one "color," produce more than just an ultra-narrow band of light-radiation.

I am not sure which LED you are using but if they are stretching you should lower the light in increments until they stop stretching. I am curious as to what light you guys are using? How high is the light above the plant?

I am not sure which LED you are using but if they are stretching you should lower the light in increments until they stop stretching. I am curious as to what light you guys are using? How high is the light above the plant?

From what he has told me, I believe it is this;

www.LEDwholesalers.com - ALL BLUE LED Grow Light Panel 225 LED 110 Volt

He also has a red one, but he has said he doesn't want to use it during vegetation as he thinks its a waste of electricity... This is despite me telling him, that LED's use very little energy and putting the red on as well is just "more light the better".

Cheers!

OK, here is my suggestion.... Get some cfl's. That LED light is a whole lot of nothing and should be used with other lighting.. Your LED light is not even 15 watts.... You could get a few cfls and it would improve the plant 100%. Otherwise just keep lowering it until it stops stretching and keep an eye on it. My plants did not like my LED to close. I found that my plants liked the LED around 16" above the canopy, but mine is 100 watts... :ganjamon:

OK, here is my suggestion.... Get some cfl's. That LED light is a whole lot of nothing and should be used with other lighting.. Your LED light is not even 15 watts.... You could get a few cfls and it would improve the plant 100%. Otherwise just keep lowering it until it stops stretching and keep an eye on it. My plants did not like my LED to close. I found that my plants liked the LED around 16" above the canopy, but mine is 100 watts... :ganjamon:

Ah okay.

He IM'd me a while back about CFL's. He said he was considering getting one for the flowering. (If he ever gets to that stage :p ) its just an apparent cash flow problem (hence the worries about electricity bills).

So in your opinion he should grab himself a CFL then use the LED's as well for vegetation and flowering?

Yea, I think it would help out a lot..No worries about the electricity, neither lights use much... Get the "daylight" cfl's for veg and the "soft white" for flowering.

Back
Top Bottom