Problem: My leaves are getting brown spots - Any ideas?

Glad to hear they're doing better. The new growth should be a bit lighter than the matured leaves, so you should be fine. Pictures don't hurt though!

Also, the test sounds like a good one. Just make sure to use distilled/DI/RO water so you don't have anything throwing off/buffering your pH!

Yes I was going to post some pics but when I went back to take them the timer had turned off.
I will post some in the morning :D

Glad to hear they're doing better. The new growth should be a bit lighter than the matured leaves, so you should be fine. Pictures don't hurt though!

Here are the pictures and they look a little better this morning, and I am not seeing the browning on any new leaves. Just on the new growth I have not seen it so light green before.

In the third pic it shows the growth spurt, almost 15" is this normal?
Or do you think it is stretching for light? I am adding two more lights on Monday.

IMG_040940.JPG

IMG_040027.JPG

IMG_040130.JPG

Ah pictures! She's definitely looking better, though the new growth is PRETTY light colored. It kind of looks like a sulfur deficiency, but I'd lean more towards a pH imbalance. What were the results of your soil test?

Also that's a big stretch for only being in 12/12 for one day. They probably are stretching for the light, as your internode spacing looks pretty long. What LED are you using, and what additional lights did you add? It should be alright, but if you fix these little problems now, you'll be rewarded later!

Ah pictures! She's definitely looking better, though the new growth is PRETTY light colored. It kind of looks like a sulfur deficiency, but I'd lean more towards a pH imbalance. What were the results of your soil test?

Also that's a big stretch for only being in 12/12 for one day. They probably are stretching for the light, as your internode spacing looks pretty long. What LED are you using, and what additional lights did you add? It should be alright, but if you fix these little problems now, you'll be rewarded later!

I am unable to do the soil test as my plants are clipped right down to the top of the pot ( lesson learned)
But I did do a PH test on the leached water after 20 mins and they were all 6.6 and 6.7, but wish I could really do the slury test.
I might try tomorrow on one to see if I can get any soil but it doesn't look good, I have the plant pretty twisted around the top.
Picture at bottom of post.

The stretch occurred over 5 days approximately but it's the most I have seen them grow ever.
It all started after I watered with the cal/mag and molasses but only on 3 of the 4 plants, same with the lighter growth.

The Leds I bought are cheap but I am on a tight budget and started with 2, I will have 2 more on Monday.
I have plans on upgrading later on and using these this winter to grow Tomatoes and Peppers.

Top Led

Dimension 308mmx208mmx60mm
Leds 100x3w
Led chips: Epileds
View angle 90deg and 120deg
Wavelengths 9bands
380-400nm
430-440nm
450-460nm
610-615nm
620-630nm
650-660nm
White
380-400nm
730nm

IMG_014337.JPG

Hmm, interesting. I'm using the same light as you, and mine is covering a 2'x2' SCROG with no problems (journal link is in signature if interested). What is your height above the plants? I've had good luck with 18-20" in veg, and 12" in flowering, as recommended by the manufacturer. TopLED and Mars Hydro are the same too, in case you didn't know.

Looks like the LST should help with your height issue, and the color in the last picture looks pretty good to me. Was the other picture of other plants?

Hmm, interesting. I'm using the same light as you, and mine is covering a 2'x2' SCROG with no problems (journal link is in signature if interested). What is your height above the plants? I've had good luck with 18-20" in veg, and 12" in flowering, as recommended by the manufacturer. TopLED and Mars Hydro are the same too, in case you didn't know.

Looks like the LST should help with your height issue, and the color in the last picture looks pretty good to me. Was the other picture of other plants?

Yes, I saw that after I looked at you journal and subbed :;):
During veg I was 18" right now in flowering 12"- 15" and one at 20"
I have 2 more lights coming on Monday, so I will be able to adjust for each plants needs.
Here are a few pics from this morning.

The pic from post #26 was from June 6th.

IMG_043925.JPG

IMG_043228.JPG

Oh ok. Is that a 4'x4' tent then? And do you not have an exhaust or am I not seeing it? I just see the inline fan hooked up to your filter, but it looks to be just circulating it in the tent. That yellowing does seem to be apparent on all plants. You can try using some epsom salts (has your magnesium too) to help out with the sulfur deficiency (if that's what it is). 1 tsp/gal should do it.

Oh ok. Is that a 4'x4' tent then? And do you not have an exhaust or am I not seeing it? I just see the inline fan hooked up to your filter, but it looks to be just circulating it in the tent. That yellowing does seem to be apparent on all plants. You can try using some epsom salts (has your magnesium too) to help out with the sulfur deficiency (if that's what it is). 1 tsp/gal should do it.

I was doing the polishing method (recirculating the air) which worked great when they were smaller but now the RH is getting harder to control and I am changing the setup today.

I am using the pot lift method for watering and don't expect to water until tomorrow and adding the Epson salt then.

Things are looking better after the first treatment of Epson salt.
I have done two but only have a pic after first few days. I am back to work for a short time so very limited time.

Here is after a few days

IMG_071536.JPG

Compared to this before Epson salt.

IMG_040027.JPG

I have not been able to keep a eye on my girls the last few weeks with the temp company working me close to 70hrs the last two weeks, but very grateful for the extra income.

Ok new developments.
The plant seems to be growing slow, it is 24 days into flowering and I am seeing a lot of yellowing and dropping leaves.
Which I have read is normal, but I am also seeing what I believe are Thrips, I am not sure but from what I have read it seems to be the problem.
But I am not seeing any of their black poops.

p2_3.JPG

p2_2.JPG

p2_11.JPG

I can't really tell what that is! It doesn't look exactly like the thrips in the following sticky, but the pictures in the sticky aren't great.
Cannabis Plant and Pest Problem Solver - Pictorial

Yeah, I looked at those and I am not sure but keeping an eye on things a little closer.
One plant is now yellowing and clawing compared to others, so I went looking all over but not finding the answers I was looking for.

So, I flushed the plant cut the fabric pot to see if it was root bound and transplanted to a bigger fabric pot.
The roots looked really good and I tried not to disturb them the best I could. I didn't break up the main part but it seemed really compacted.

Plus I finally was able to do the slurry test, it was 7.5 and now I wonder if I should lower the ph down to 5.5 on next watering.

I added about 2-3" of new soil on the bottom and sides and now waiting.

A few pictures.

Compared to other plant you can really see the difference.
IMG_077224.JPG

IMG_076931.JPG

IMG_076826.JPG

IMG_076619.JPG

Tent lights out getting full
IMG_078231.JPG

A little eye candy
IMG_077432.JPG

Back
Top Bottom