Problem with droopy plants

Yeah i think it looks like rootbound the way the leafs drop and turn a little yellow.
Think the problem will be solved when you pot into a bigger pot. :)
But really nice setup. :goodluck:
Hey maana, thanks for your input pal, appreciate it. Going to get them reported up tomorrow. I don't want to wait till Thursday for smaller pots so I'm going to reuse my 20l fabric pots and roll them down a tad. Just waiting on a few bags of Bio Bizz coco to get delivered to the hydro shop tomorrow then I'm gonna go and pick it up and repot them after lights on tomorrow evening. Hopefully the transplant will perk them up and I can start training them. Thanks pal, set up is really coming along nicely now. :)

Thanks for the input, I'm going to get pots sorted this week and get them transplanted. Hopefully this will be the problem as I've tried numerous things so far with no luck. Apart from the droop they look healthy so it's been bugging me.
My experience with root bound plants, they need more.
With my indoors, I would water till runoff, I would water every 4-5 days. But when they got time to up pot, they were drinking that same amount in a day.
Just keep them as happy as you can until New pots!!
Good job!

With my indoors, I would water till runoff, I would water every 4-5 days. But when they got time to up pot, they were drinking that same amount in a day.
Good job!

Tonight at feed time I'll give them all a big feeding until run off and see if that helps. I gave them all 150ml last night at feed time and by this morning pots were light so I think what your saying is definitely happening with my plants, they want more! Fingers crossed I'll have them in their pots tomorrow evening and then they will start perking up pretty quickly. Thanks :)

Good job!
Tonight at feed time I'll give them all a big feeding until run off and see if that helps. I gave them all 150ml last night at feed time and by this morning pots were light so I think what your saying is definitely happening with my plants, they want more! Fingers crossed I'll have them in their pots tomorrow evening and then they will start perking up pretty quickly. Thanks :)

Repot. You'll see amazing results with a multi-feed dripper system. Keep the coco moist and the nutrients flowing! PM me if you want, I have a link you will like if you haven't already read it. I think it will be beneficial to you.

I'm using coco. When using coco you feed with nutrients every day and your supposed to add cal/mag. I'm also using R/O water, if I don't add cal/mag they won't be getting any from the water as it's all been stripped out, that's why I have to add it back. I'm following pretty much exact nutrient regiment I followed on my first two grows with great results.

I'm pretty sure it's not underwatering or over watering as I've already gone through periods of letting the pots dry between feedings and I've tried feeding slightly more. This has been constant since Tuesday morning. I also don't think they're showing signs of deficiency, the leaves are a lovely lush green. They're just drooping and I can't get rid of the droop.

I'm no expert but it would make sense that you would not need to feed straight cal mag this early even in coco because they don't need much. All other base nutes will have a little bit of that in it no? And that's all they would need, as flowering is when they switch to primarily using cal mag. Correct me if I'm wrong

I'm no expert but it would make sense that you would not need to feed straight cal mag this early even in coco because they don't need much. All other base nutes will have a little bit of that in it no? And that's all they would need, as flowering is when they switch to primarily using cal mag. Correct me if I'm wrong

I give 2.5 ml/gallon CALiMAGic supplement throughout the grow because my 28 PPM tap water is essentially as mineral-free as RO. When I cut back to 1.25 ml/gallon on my last grow I started to get what I think was Ca/Mg deficiency symptoms pretty quickly--even before flower if I remember correctly. I give CaMg all the way to the flush phase now and haven't seen any problems.

Repot. You'll see amazing results with a multi-feed dripper system. Keep the coco moist and the nutrients flowing! PM me if you want, I have a link you will like if you haven't already read it. I think it will be beneficial to you.

Hey Rastas. I'm definitely going to be setting up a dripper system again, I have one already. I cleaned it out the other day, it was still dirty from the last grow. I forgot to do it straight after I was done from last harvest. Defintley send me the link, can't read enough, sounds great. Thanks

I give 2.5 ml/gallon CALiMAGic supplement throughout the grow because my 28 PPM tap water is essentially as mineral-free as RO. When I cut back to 1.25 ml/gallon on my last grow I started to get what I think was Ca/Mg deficiency symptoms pretty quickly--even before flower if I remember correctly. I give CaMg all the way to the flush phase now and haven't seen any problems.

With R/O water, or very low ppm water like scientifics you need to add calmag from the get go. My R/O water is coming out at 0ppm up to 10ppm, when I need to change the filter. The water is so clean it's stripped of all minerals so there is nothing there for the plants to uptake. You're starting with a completely clean base.

I add silica first, followed by calmag to 0.3 EC. Then I start adding my base nutrients after that. I believe the addition of the calmag also helps the water buffer it's PH slightly better. R/O water can have a tendency to swing crazily through PH so you need to keep on top of it. I think it gives great results though. My last two runs gave me some beautiful plants.

Scientific, you would have defintley picked up a calmag deficiency problem. I also had a calmag deficiency in early veg during my first grow. I also use calmag from seedling all the way to final flush with great results, I've had no problems just like you pal. Calmag is a must with R/O water if you want to avoid deficiencys. There isn't enough calmag in base nutrients to make up for what's missing in the R/O water.

Your water is awesome out of the tap scientific. It's pretty much R/O haha. My tap water comes out at 0.6 EC, that's why I choose to use R/O water. My water is disgusting.

Just a small update for you all.

The plants were defintley root bound. Their roots had completely filled out those 1l fabric pots with a dense root ball. Shout out to everyone who called that. You guys are legends. I love this hobby always something to learn.

Here's some photos of the nights work. Hopefully we will see some happy healthy girls in a day or two so I can top them and start some LST training.

420-magazine-mobile1501874905.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1163317120.jpg
420-magazine-mobile515889457.jpg
420-magazine-mobile199452348.jpg
420-magazine-mobile49860791.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1285365986.jpg
420-magazine-mobile126326869.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1346335623.jpg
420-magazine-mobile2004491753.jpg
420-magazine-mobile39942966.jpg
420-magazine-mobile685173190.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1943760848.jpg

If anyone is interested to see how these girls get on here's a link to my journal.

TerpKing - Third Grow - Holy Grail Kush DNA Genetics - Coco Smart Pots - 600W MH/HPS

Thanks for all the help guys, much appreciated!

TK

Great set of photos! Thanks for posting those. What's cool with the fabric pots is that even though their were roots throughout, they look healthy and evenly distributed--not the sad old familiar site of a tap root rapped around the bottom of a plastic pot 20 times.

Great job on the repotting. I'm sure your babies are going to be very happy! :thumb:

No problem what so ever. Glad you enjoyed them. Tell me about it. Fabric pots create a far superior root system compared to plastic pots. There really is no comparison. The root ball was so dense, root shoots everywhere with loads of little feeder roots coming off those. Haha, I completely agree with you, it's so sad when those roots wrap around the pot like that.

Thanks pal, it was great to get it all done, looking forward to watching them take off now.

Sorry guys btw I had put the wrong link in the above message. Stoned mistake, only just noticed. My bad. Changed it now tho if anyone is interested. :)

And golly those plants look healthy! Really beautiful!
Thanks pal, they're such a beautiful colour. They were looking so healthy bar the droop. That's why I was so confused with it at first. Lesson learned. If I would have been feeding them much more I think they'd have been looking perkier! Really looking forward to watching them leaves stand back up towards the light, I prefer them that way, haha.

Back
Top Bottom