Problem

Makes me thing coco grow and basically a hydro type grow.
The amounts of compost in the mix gotta be considered.

The composted forest materials is another way of saying compost made primarily of wood chips, sawdust and anything else from trees. It is a way of recycling scrap wood at lumber mills or from urban tree trimming or removal companies. There are now companies that have started to specialize in that type of compost as compared to using municipal compost where the input materials cannot be controlled.

Not knowing the product, I was guessing that the compost would be around 20% or less.
I was figuring about 20%, give or take a tad, myself based on where it shows up in the list.

Throwing more into the pile of theories is that a typical potting soil starts off at 1/3 Peat, Perlite and Compost the 20% is not that far off. Then there are some hydro growers using mixes of Perlite, Coco and Peat as their basic medium and adding in a small amount of Compost because they want the microbes that will make use of the rest of the listed ingredients.

The recommended pH of 5.8 to 6.3 seems to touch on both hydro and soil at the same time.

Back
Top Bottom