Problems in flower stage please help me

simonsays

Hello everyone...
My plants are in 6 week of flower.The leaves are now turning yellow and burning off,some of the stems are purple,but all the bud leaves have the tips just burning.I use Canna products aqua Vega and aqua Flores along with the bloom products form flower,they are planted in atami b'cuzz hydro mix.The plants are under 1000 hps bulbs about 3-4 ft away,the temp in the grow room is 78-80 degrees all the time with co2.My run off at the bottom is between 700-1000ppm and the pH is around 6.3, I used a sugar refract o meter to test the sugar level in the leaves and they are all between 5-8.My friend has the same plant in a ebb flow system running 1050ppm and the plants are amazing.. I'm a newbie please help!!all comments and info greatly appreciated..thank you everyone.

Re: Problems in flower stage please help me.

I don't know the strain,I got the clones from my buddy he got good results with the same plant last time.I use ppm for my co2 its set at 1000ppm and the grow area is about 250 sq ft.I have a 50gal drum that I mix the food in I use RO water, I give them 3gal of food or water so I can check the run off every time..No I don't have a magnifying glass,how can I check for resin and what should it be??

so u mix every time u water? how offen do u do that?

A magnifying glass lets u look at he resin on the flowers.. depending on the strain it´s gonna look driffent but a rull is 50% amber trichomes for harvest..

If this is ur first problem ind ur grow and u have been runnig co2 from the beginning i believe u got a week or to left before harvest and then it dossent realy matter if u are under-feeding or what the problem is in ur grow right now..

what do u body do? how offen he harvests?

Yes I mix every time,I do it every 4 to 5 days a part,where can I get that glass??? he is retired,he harvest every 4 months when he does it and pulls 8oz per plant..but he doesn't know whats going on with my plants...

I can take pics,it kinda starts in the middle some on the bottom towards the top of the plant,I haven't changed anything,but my buddy keeps telling me its probably the flower food....I've read people are sometimes running up to 2000ppm depending on the strain...

yes I started from the beginning of 12/12....so give em the veg food alone a couple of times it wont mess them up????

OK... thank you I will feed them tomorrow...I will take pics tonight and post them..

It would be 100 times easier with the pictures. Most strains prefer co2 ppm of 1500. If you are 6 weeks along in flowering and your strain is a fast 7-8 week finisher yellowing leaves is normal for a lot of plants. If you have adjusted your nutrient mixes per flowering quantities, N quantity will be lower in your water and your plant will have used and gotten all the nitrogen it needs so some yellowing is totally natural. On the other hand, if it is a long flowering strain you might have a problem, most likely Nitrogen but either way pictures help a lot more

IMG-20120616-00200.jpg
IMG-20120616-00201.jpg
IMG-20120616-00202.jpg
IMG-20120616-00199.jpg

@ BS I got a magnifier...My tips on the leaves are burning I was told that happens when they have enough food,but I'm gonna hit them with more N, I'm using CANNA I was told it was good food but I'm wothering if Im having issues with the food...please comment

I have never tryed CANNA so i don't really now that product..

Ur plants need N that is for sure!

But it ain't easy to say if it's due to the lack of nutrients or incorect PH?
if PH is out of balcance for ur strain the plants don't "take" the food needed

well maybe if it dossen't give a result with more nutrients u can try and adjust
the PH a little up bit by bit.. Cannabis grows best in soil with a PH from 6.5-7.0

the tip burn doesn't look like a overfeeding... it's only on the dying leaves right?

Back
Top Bottom