Problems - Problems - Why - Why?

Glazier

Why - Why - Why
Anyone have any thoughts on Why is this happening to my plants. Started flowering about 3 weeks ago. Now leaves around buds are curling inward and drying out. Got them about 1 foot away from lights. 2 _ 150w HPS. Been feeding bio thrive 10 ml per gallon. Everything was fine until I went to 12/12. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
KIMG0094.jpg
KIMG00911.jpg
KIMG00741.jpg
KIMG00761.jpg

I did switch from the Bio-Thrive during veg to Soul Bloom for flowering. Not sure of strain. 5 gallon pot.

It's a start. You found it! :thumb:

Yeah I found it. Starting to get the hang of it. Maybe I'll post it in every forum. I think someone has had to have seen this disease before. Or whatever it is. Dunno? But like I said before, at least I got some good Clones from her.:high-five:

High Glazier

The closest thing I can find digging in my grow bibles is a Zinc deficiency.

"Zn is the most common micro-nutrient found deficient. Most common in soils with pH 7 or higher. First younger leaves exhibit interveinal chlorosis, (I'm not really seeing that here tho), and new leaves and growing tips develop small, thin blades that contort and wrinkle. The leaf tips, and later the margins, discolor and burn. Burned spots on the leaves could grow progressively larger. When deficiency is severe, new leaf blades contort and dry out. Flower buds also contort into odd shapes, turn crispy dry, and are often hard. A lack of zinc stunts all new growth including buds."

Says to flush with a diluted mix of a complete fertilizer containing chelated trace elements including Zn, Iron and manganese or add a quality brand hydroponic micro-nutrient mix containing chelated trace elements.

If you have some 3-part hydro nutes kicking around a shot of the micro could do the trick. I would check the pH of your runoff and use some pH down along with the micro-nutrients tho the pH down by itself may free up Zn and other micro-nutrients on it's own if your pH is too high.

I've never seen that happen to any of my plants before but it looks nasty. When it's the new growth that is first affected it's generally pH blocking the micro nutrient uptake but it also says that excess P can interfere with most of the micro-nutrients.

"Toxic symptoms of P manifest as a deficiency of Zn, Fe, Mg, Ca and Cu; zinc is the most common."

Hope that helps. Good luck.

L8r

If it's not all the other problems that have been mentioned.
Do you have a fan constantly blowing at a high speed ?
If you do it could be wind burn

Wow Great info OldMedUser. I really do appreciate you taking the time to look that up for me. I'm going to try the ph down after check out the run off. Will not be able to get the store to get the nutes recommendations till tomorrow but I will get them. To far along to give up on them now.
Thanks Again OldMedUser :thumb:

If it's not all the other problems that have been mentioned.
Do you have a fan constantly blowing at a high speed ?
If you do it could be wind burn

I have a fan but it not on high. I keep it on medium and oscillating. Thanks

Here are a few more pics of my sick plant. Maybe these will help a little more. I was wondering what if I pruned off all the tops and buds. Would the plant reflower.
KIMG0107.jpg
KIMG0106.jpg
:scratchinghead:

I would try to fix the problem before resorting to surgery. Maybe take a few lower damaged top buds off, try the fix and see how it reacts after a bit. I'd raise the light a ways to keep her in a lower stress mode until you can tell if things are getting better. If it works you should see improvement or not in a few days.

L8r

Yeah OldMed, that's a good idea I'll try that. I have a long weekend due to the holiday on Monday, so I can baby her for 3 days. You know I'm just anxious to see how this plays out. Thanks Again My Friend

Ok just got done checking ph levels and it's about 5.5 _ 5.8. So I'm guessing that is good. Also went and got Foxfarms Big Bloom, Grow Big, and Tiger Bloom. Oh yeah I also got some FloraKleen- clearing solution. Going to flush 1st with the florakleen then try the Foxfarm nutes. Anyone have any suggestions I would love to hear them. Cause you all know, this is my 1 1st grow. Thanks Everybody for the Help . Keep your fingers crossed.:thumb:

I think if your using soil there's no need to ph it has its own buffers
If you ph your water before feeding it will cause to much ph swing and cause lock out
There showing all the signs for nute burn/lock out
I also think there some sort of root problem going on as well
Again them buds look like there hermie
I could be wrong but it my experience the damage is done and nothing will help them top buds

Not much but it looks like the tops are growing. I see some new hairs and getting bigger but they still look weird and sick. Going to let them grow and see what happens. I figured what the hell i been babying them this long why quit now.

Yeah I thought so. The whole plant is screwed up. Don't know what happened to this grow. Starting the 12/12 cycle on her clones now. I hope I do better on go round.
Thanks Zakey:thumb:

Looks like serious nute burn/toxic salts buildup too. Not good whatever it is. Probably too late to flush her and hope for much improvement.

Better luck with the babies!

L8r

Yeah I know Buddy. I really screwed this one up. Going to keep trying. I hope I do better on the next go round.
Thanks for all the Help OldMed.:thumb:

Back
Top Bottom