ProfessorFlora Reviews Crystal M.E.T.H From Fastbuds

CRYSTAL M.E.T.H AUTO

Hey everyone. Here is my stain review of the Crystal METH Auto from Fastbuds. To begin with I'd like to state that I'm not a fan of the name of this strain. It can be cringe inducing when someone asks what you're smoking. I've actually just referred to it as Purple Haze to avoid another awkward pause and subsequent conversation. The name is probably the only thing that I really don't like about this strain though as it's actually quite interesting for a few reasons. The genetics are a mix of several plants which is where this strain gets its name. The mix consists of Mexican, Early Skunk, Hawaiian, Trainwreck and Fastbuds Canadian Ruderalis. See what they did there? It's a Sativa dominated affair and this becomes apparent in its appearance and effects. She's a fast sativa though and will finish up in around 10 weeks from seed. I've grown out 3 of these plants and there was a little difference in phenos but they're reasonably consistent for the most part. The colours in all 3 varied slightly but they were all a dark red and purple with a bluish tint in certain lighting. The colours of this plant are very impressive and are some of the most vibrant I've grown. If you want purple then this could be the plant for you. The next interesting thing about this strain is the fact that it has almost no smell. This means that there is potential for stealth and guerrilla growing provided that you can still keep them out of sight. Their smell is unlikely to give you away however their appearance will attract eyes like magnets. It's a relatively easy plant to grow though I had varying degrees of luck with my 3. One was stunted, one grew really well and the most recent one was grown as a bit of fun and wasn't given the attention required to grow an impressive plant. I think she would have been ok though had I tried more with her. The smell of the finished bud is more like potpourri than cannabis. It's musky and a bit woody with spicy hints. The taste is similar and is quite unique. It's not unpleasant but quite surprising as it's a little different to what I'm used to. It's not hard to smoke at all and feels quite mild. It doesn't have that dank sensation you get with a lot of modern strains and it is quite nice to have something a little different. The smoke may seem mild in the flavour department but the effects are quite strong. It's all sativa and hits you up top with a dose of energy. I can see this one causing anxiety in the less experienced cannabis consumer and should be used with caution. If you smoke to relax and sleep then also stay away from this one as you'll be lying there for hours, living in your own head and wishing for some nice sleepy indica. Overall I quite like this strain and will probably try it again in the future in an outdoor run to test for stealth properties. Very pretty plants with unique characteristics that standout against today's heavy hybrids. It's an all daytime experience and delivers lots of thoughts which lead to creative outbursts but be careful not to over do it as too many of the wrong kind of thoughts can lead to paranoia. I've been ok when using it but feels like it could creep in if it was allowed to. Well, there you have it. Time for the pics. Happy tokin everyone....

Absolutely beautiful!

Thanks for the report :Namaste: This strain is on my radar for almost two years but I couldn't get any beans yet. I've made contact with my friend in UK and he will try to find some for me. I will also go for Bubba Kush auto from Dinafem. One of our fellow growers here posted to this months POTM. Looks like a heavy yielder.

Nice joint btw. I also do that sawtooth thing when I use small papers(Blue OCB right?). I find slow burning papers more efficient though :passitleft:

Thanks for the report :Namaste: This strain is on my radar for almost two years but I couldn't get any beans yet. I've made contact with my friend in UK and he will try to find some for me. I will also go for Bubba Kush auto from Dinafem. One of our fellow growers here posted to this months POTM. Looks like a heavy yielder.

Nice joint btw. I also do that sawtooth thing when I use small papers(Blue OCB right?). I find slow burning papers more efficient though :passitleft:
Thanks TC. I like a lot of the Fastbuds strains as they feel quite exciting and the Crystal METH is no exception. It's a "get stuff done" strain though and I found it useless for relaxing.
I also very much like Dinafem and have a Critical Jack of theirs in veg at the moment. I've had nothing but luck with their strains and can see the Bubba Kush auto being nice. I did some of their Critical Cheese autos back when I first started growing and they blew me away. That was some good weed.

I normally use Raw papers but I didn't have any for that review. Those are Rizla which are the go to in the UK for papers. I agree with you about the slow burning papers being more efficient but sometimes I get a funny taste half way through a joint. My favourite papers are the tobacco leaf blunt wraps though. I can't afford to smoke them everyday though lol. There slowly making them illegal as well as they contain tobacco. It's getting harder to find them even online and they can be pretty expensive depending on who is selling them.

Thanks TC. I like a lot of the Fastbuds strains as they feel quite exciting and the Crystal METH is no exception. It's a "get stuff done" strain though and I found it useless for relaxing.
I also very much like Dinafem and have a Critical Jack of theirs in veg at the moment. I've had nothing but luck with their strains and can see the Bubba Kush auto being nice. I did some of their Critical Cheese autos back when I first started growing and they blew me away. That was some good weed.

I normally use Raw papers but I didn't have any for that review. Those are Rizla which are the go to in the UK for papers. I agree with you about the slow burning papers being more efficient but sometimes I get a funny taste half way through a joint. My favourite papers are the tobacco leaf blunt wraps though. I can't afford to smoke them everyday though lol. There slowly making them illegal as well as they contain tobacco. It's getting harder to find them even online and they can be pretty expensive depending on who is selling them.

I see that. The rolling paper situation is even worse here. Besides being expensive, there are a lot of fake ones around. When I am buying a pack, I always check like the 6th or 7th paper because they put 3-4 good papers on top and the rest is problematic. If I feel satisfied I buy a box. If not good, I throw it away and use the good papers on top. I also think that Raw manufactures the best rolling paper. I am loving their organic hemp series but not a big fan of the classic. As you smoke your joint, all of the brown papers taste like tar or ash at some point. I think hemp series is the best alternative because I don't prefer bleached stuff if I have a choice.

I see that. The rolling paper situation is even worse here. Besides being expensive, there are a lot of fake ones around. When I am buying a pack, I always check like the 6th or 7th paper because they put 3-4 good papers on top and the rest is problematic. If I feel satisfied I buy a box. If not good, I throw it away and use the good papers on top. I also think that Raw manufactures the best rolling paper. I am loving their organic hemp series but not a big fan of the classic. As you smoke your joint, all of the brown papers taste like tar or ash at some point. I think hemp series is the best alternative because I don't prefer bleached stuff if I have a choice.
I'm using the hemp Raws right now. They burn pretty well and I don't have to keep relighting too often.
I really don't see the point of bleaching papers as its purely to create a white cigarette. Seems the image is more important.

CRYSTAL M.E.T.H AUTO

Hey everyone. Here is my stain review of the Crystal METH Auto from Fastbuds. To begin with I'd like to state that I'm not a fan of the name of this strain. It can be cringe inducing when someone asks what you're smoking. I've actually just referred to it as Purple Haze to avoid another awkward pause and subsequent conversation. The name is probably the only thing that I really don't like about this strain though as it's actually quite interesting for a few reasons. The genetics are a mix of several plants which is where this strain gets its name. The mix consists of Mexican, Early Skunk, Hawaiian, Trainwreck and Fastbuds Canadian Ruderalis. See what they did there? It's a Sativa dominated affair and this becomes apparent in its appearance and effects. She's a fast sativa though and will finish up in around 10 weeks from seed. I've grown out 3 of these plants and there was a little difference in phenos but they're reasonably consistent for the most part. The colours in all 3 varied slightly but they were all a dark red and purple with a bluish tint in certain lighting. The colours of this plant are very impressive and are some of the most vibrant I've grown. If you want purple then this could be the plant for you. The next interesting thing about this strain is the fact that it has almost no smell. This means that there is potential for stealth and guerrilla growing provided that you can still keep them out of sight. Their smell is unlikely to give you away however their appearance will attract eyes like magnets. It's a relatively easy plant to grow though I had varying degrees of luck with my 3. One was stunted, one grew really well and the most recent one was grown as a bit of fun and wasn't given the attention required to grow an impressive plant. I think she would have been ok though had I tried more with her. The smell of the finished bud is more like potpourri than cannabis. It's musky and a bit woody with spicy hints. The taste is similar and is quite unique. It's not unpleasant but quite surprising as it's a little different to what I'm used to. It's not hard to smoke at all and feels quite mild. It doesn't have that dank sensation you get with a lot of modern strains and it is quite nice to have something a little different. The smoke may seem mild in the flavour department but the effects are quite strong. It's all sativa and hits you up top with a dose of energy. I can see this one causing anxiety in the less experienced cannabis consumer and should be used with caution. If you smoke to relax and sleep then also stay away from this one as you'll be lying there for hours, living in your own head and wishing for some nice sleepy indica. Overall I quite like this strain and will probably try it again in the future in an outdoor run to test for stealth properties. Very pretty plants with unique characteristics that standout against today's heavy hybrids. It's an all daytime experience and delivers lots of thoughts which lead to creative outbursts but be careful not to over do it as too many of the wrong kind of thoughts can lead to paranoia. I've been ok when using it but feels like it could creep in if it was allowed to. Well, there you have it. Time for the pics. Happy tokin everyone....

i bought 2 seeds of that from seedmans they never germinated so i never got to grow it but it sure is a pretty plant I also hate that name `
.0`....`I m a recovering addict I was addicted to for for about 6 months i have bad mental problem i have to take alot of pills not going to sleep ever i was in psychosis it took a toll on me thou in 6 months also my best friend is a meth addict i cant go around him now but i call and talk to him over the phone j.just to see if he alive i hate that drug

i bought 2 seeds of that from seedmans they never germinated so i never got to grow it but it sure is a pretty plant I also hate that name `
.0`....`I m a recovering addict I was addicted to for for about 6 months i have bad mental problem i have to take alot of pills not going to sleep ever i was in psychosis it took a toll on me thou in 6 months also my best friend is a meth addict i cant go around him now but i call and talk to him over the phone j.just to see if he alive i hate that drug
Firstly, Well done for addressing such a difficult problem. I can only imagine how difficult something like that must have been. I have the utmost respect for you Hawk :green_heart:

I can relate to the sleep issues though as that is the reason that I got into growing cannabis. I couldn't afford to buy it anymore and turned to drink to help me sleep. I could drink an entire bottle of whisky without even wobbling though the next morning I wished I was dead and that very nearly happened. There was a year in which 3 people in the small town I lived died from excessive drinking. One died from organ failure and the other two died from exposure to the elements after getting drunk. After that I decided that enough was enough and that growing my own weed was less of an issue than getting arrested. The problem far outweighed the risk for me and I haven't looked back since.

I have actually thought about contacting Fastbuds and asking them to consider changing the name of the strain as it is just such a terrible and dirty name. I have a feeling that it might have been the popularity of Breaking Bad which gave them the idea for the name but even so, Its not cool and it is certainly not clever.

One thing I have to say though is that if you still suffer from being high-wired and need to relax then this definitely isn't the strain for you. I recommend a heavy indica type like a Blueberry or Hashplant of some type. The CM makes you feel very alert, will keep you awake and allows for lots of thoughts. I liked it for daytime use but didn't touch the stuff in the evening.

Hope you're well Hawk and thank you for taking the time to check out my review.

Peace my friend
:passitleft:

Firstly, Well done for addressing such a difficult problem. I can only imagine how difficult something like that must have been. I have the utmost respect for you Hawk :green_heart:

I can relate to the sleep issues though as that is the reason that I got into growing cannabis. I couldn't afford to buy it anymore and turned to drink to help me sleep. I could drink an entire bottle of whisky without even wobbling though the next morning I wished I was dead and that very nearly happened. There was a year in which 3 people in the small town I lived died from excessive drinking. One died from organ failure and the other two died from exposure to the elements after getting drunk. After that I decided that enough was enough and that growing my own weed was less of an issue than getting arrested. The problem far outweighed the risk for me and I haven't looked back since.

I have actually thought about contacting Fastbuds and asking them to consider changing the name of the strain as it is just such a terrible and dirty name. I have a feeling that it might have been the popularity of Breaking Bad which gave them the idea for the name but even so, Its not cool and it is certainly not clever.

One thing I have to say though is that if you still suffer from being high-wired and need to relax then this definitely isn't the strain for you. I recommend a heavy indica type like a Blueberry or Hashplant of some type. The CM makes you feel very alert, will keep you awake and allows for lots of thoughts. I liked it for daytime use but didn't touch the stuff in the evening.

Hope you're well Hawk and thank you for taking the time to check out my review.

Peace my friend
much respect man

The smoke may seem mild in the flavour department but the effects are quite strong. It's all sativa and hits you up top with a dose of energy. I can see this one causing anxiety in the less experienced cannabis consumer and should be used with caution. If you smoke to relax and sleep then also stay away from this one as you'll be lying there for hours, living in your own head and wishing for some nice sleepy indica.
aww man that's just my problem. I bookmarked this strain of fastbuds because it's just so beautiful. might have to grow it anyway and wait until the pistils are 80-90% amber for a more relaxed high.

aww man that's just my problem. I bookmarked this strain of fastbuds because it's just so beautiful. might have to grow it anyway and wait until the pistils are 80-90% amber for a more relaxed high.
Hey Red. I'm not sure it would mellow out much lol. It certainly doesn't feel like it would. I guess you've browsed the FB catalogue but if not then they have a few others with crazy colours. The LSD is an indica with dark purple and can look almost black in certain lighting. I have seen a few journals where it hasn't gone purple at all though. The Fastberry is another indica with great colour only not quite as loud as the CM seems to go. Their Blackberry was another interesting plant. Mine went a murky dark green with fantastic purple hues.

To be honest Fastbuds have released a lot of new strains which I haven't had a go at yet and I'm sure there will be some more purple coloured strains amongst them.

Cheers Red

I just tried some yesterday! Pretty much agree with your review, I started 3 but gave 2 to friends. I got very little but next time will keep it out of the wind. Sure is pretty.

Back
Top Bottom