Punchy's First Grow Autoflowers

Punchy

Hi everyone

Brand new member and very very excited about my first grow. I'm looking forward for some good feedback and advice from everyone ^^

First off, this is my very first grow and all the seeds i've ordered are autoflowers. Completely indoor grow in my closet.

Strains:
Northern Lights
La Diva
Blue Mystic
Black Jack
60 Day Wonder
Fast Bud #2
Big Devil #2 (Died week 1 1/2 after germ)

I should have order all the same strain. I realize it's kind of difficult growing 6 different ones. I've already ordered my next batch of seeds and they're 2 - 3 of the same strain instead of 6 different ones.

Soil: Totally forgot what i bought, but next grow im going to use fox farm
Nutes: Miracle Grow (havent given them any nutes yet)
Pots: 1 1/2 Gallon
Water: Britta Filter tap water.
Lights: 250w CFL and 2x 125w Fluorescent
Fan
2x Holmes Filter ( for the smell later )

I'm currently visiting home and having my roommate watch the plants. The details are not 100% correct but will be when i return to my apartment on friday, which is in 2 days.

Here are the ladies: 20+/- days from germ. I dont have my log with me i ll update when i return to my apartment.

Fast Bud
FastBud.jpg

Blue Mystic
BlueMystic_1_.jpg

Northern Lights
NorthernLights-1.jpg

60 Day Wonder: I have a issue with this one and kinda worried. I read the pest/grow problem page doesnt seem to match any of the categories.

:welcome: to :420: Punchy, good luck with those autos. not sure what the issue is on that one. You'll probably get a bunch of replies about ditching the mg if you can. it can burn the shit out of your plants very easily if you don't be careful. there are a lot of knowledgeable people on here. you should be able to find any answer to a question that you might have on here. no matter how crazy it soounds!! remember, have fun!!

:tokin: :thumb:

Hey punchy looking good. Now i am no expert but I'm gonna have to agree with MattyTrips about ditching the MG. Not to say that i haven't used it before... As for the spots i do not know, it could be a few things. Most of my strange spots have been Ph related. Do you by chance have a way to test for your PH?

That could be the issue, since i haven't actually tested the ph lvls. I figure Britta Filter water would be good for my ladies lol. You dont have to say that twice, im getting rid of the MG asap.

I have never used a Britta filter before, but I'm sure it's ok. My thought here is the filter will change the ph of the water. As to what ph that all depends on the ph of your tap water. I would say go with straight water and see if the problem fixes it's self or gets worse.
You can get ph meters anywhere from $20-100's or like $10 for the ph test strip kit. Just my thoughts I am no expert!

Fox Farm seems to be difficult to find in my area. I went to loews, they don't have it. Any other alternatives?

Fox farms isn't sold at lowes or home depot. Find a hydro store in your area, they carry lots of good soils,soiless mixes, coco, etc that aren't usually full of pests like the shitty soils at home depot. You want a very aerated soil to supply the roots with adequate oxygen, soils that retain moisture are not ideal for marijuana as it likes to dry out and be watered frequently.

If you can't find a hydro store in your area, I think your best bet would be to mix your own peat moss & perlite 50/50 from home depot.

As for nutes, Blue planet nutrients (BPN) is a sponsor on this site and has been gaining popularity quite fast. You can find many journals using these nutes on this site. You have to order them but they have great prices and shipping is fast. You can get 3 Gallons, Grow, bloom, and micro for the price you'd pay of a gallon of any other nute brand. Hope this helps

Fox farms isn't sold at lowes or home depot. Find a hydro store in your area, they carry lots of good soils,soiless mixes, coco, etc that aren't usually full of pests like the shitty soils at home depot. You want a very aerated soil to supply the roots with adequate oxygen, soils that retain moisture are not ideal for marijuana as it likes to dry out and be watered frequently.

If you can't find a hydro store in your area, I think your best bet would be to mix your own peat moss & perlite 50/50 from home depot.

As for nutes, Blue planet nutrients (BPN) is a sponsor on this site and has been gaining popularity quite fast. You can find many journals using these nutes on this site. You have to order them but they have great prices and shipping is fast. You can get 3 Gallons, Grow, bloom, and micro for the price you'd pay of a gallon of any other nute brand. Hope this helps

Thanks for the advice,:thanks: i ll look into those and eventually make a purchase. At the moment almost all my ladies seem to be looking fine. Some decided to develop some yellowish brown spots.

I got myself a tool kit to test ph lvls should get on that when i have some free time later.

As for the ladies here are the pictures i promised haha

Day 23 from germ:

Fast Bud
FastBud_1_.jpg

Blue Mystic
BlueMystic_1_.jpg

La Diva
LaDiva1.jpg

60 Day Wonder
60daywonder.jpg

Northern Lights
NorthernLights-1.jpg

Here's leaf of the Northern Ligths, Spots
Northern.jpg

Last but not least, Black Jack the problem the picture shows it all
BlackJack3.jpg

My northern lights has 1 leaf that has 2 bright yellow spots like yours, mine was caused by nute burn... found that NL is quite a sturdy plant, takes quite a beating, good luck mate :)

My northern lights has 1 leaf that has 2 bright yellow spots like yours, mine was caused by nute burn... found that NL is quite a sturdy plant, takes quite a beating, good luck mate :)

Thanks lol yea even though the NL has a few spots it looks amazing from top view. The black jack seems to be recovering from its "disease". The leaves growing out haven't develop any spots. So im happy about that. Looks like calcium deficiency. I haven't given them any nutes so it rules that out.

In my area it can snow like 5 - 6 months out of the year, do you guys think using SNOW to water my plants? I've been doing a bit research seems to be a good idea. Untouch snow backyard ph 6.1 PPM .009

also i order BPN :D totally excited and my plants are entering their 4th week. Post pictures in a day or two. :D

First things first Merry Christmas everyone. :cheer:

Gave my ladies a good Christmas drenching. I water them about every 4-5 days now and checking the soil regularly. They grow everrrrrrrrrrryday.

here they are day 25 from germ

Northern Lights
northernl.jpg

La Diva
lad.jpg

Fast Bud
fastbud-1.jpg

Blue Mystic
Bluemystic222.jpg

sideview
Bluemystic11.jpg

60 day
60day.jpg

sideview
60close.jpg

Blackjack
blackjack-1.jpg

News:

First, I germinated two more seeds "Paradise Vertigo" two of them and they're on their second day of sprouting. For these two i used 50/50 perlite and moss recommendation and so far so good. I did run into some problems when transferring the seed to the pots. I think i let them sit in the towel too long. It was only for two days and part of the root grew into the towel. Lucky, they sprouted after i planted them. I'm so relieved. I don't think i damage any of them.

Second, my females are on their 28th day and two of them started showing their sex. :circle-of-love: Does this mean they're going into their flowering stage? Should i or should i not give them nutes?

And is there anyway to increase final yield? I'm afraid to tamper with the leaves and stems. I was thinking about using chicken wire or stakes to let the branches of the plant grow upward. Any suggestions? They're all in gallon and 1/2 pots right now and not planning on moving them into bigger pots. I think they should suffice.

And they're starting to smellllllll :D

Anyways without further delays here are the pictures:

Paradise Vertigo Day 2:
vert2day.jpg

vert2.jpg

Here are the day 28 Ones:

Northern Lights:
nl281.jpg

Sideview
nl28side.jpg

Fast Bud
fb28.jpg

La Diva
diva28.jpg

Blackjack
bj28.jpg

Blue Mystic
bm28.jpg

Zomg Hairs!
bm28hairs.jpg

60 Day Wonder
60day28.jpg

More Hairs!
60dayhair.jpg

VERY VERY SUPER DUPER EXCITED

update:

Got my blue planet nutes today, but im not sure if i want to give them nutes because of the soil im using. I've used miracle soil for my first grow, there might be enough nutes in the soil alrdy. Any suggestions?

anyways here are the ladies

day 5 vertigos
vert135.jpg

vert35.jpg

day 35, the only plant that hasnt start flowering is the Northern Lights im at a 20/4 light cycle should i change?

Northern Lights
nl351.jpg

Fast Bud
fb35.jpg

La Diva
diva35.jpg

Blue Mystic
bm35.jpg

Blackjack
bj35.jpg

60 day wonder
60day35.jpg