Purple stalk and purple on parts of the leaves

TriniHighGrade

420 Member
Please help me I don't believe it's the strain although I could be wrong. But I more feel it's ah deficiency, could someone help me identify what's going on. I'm growing in coco peat and perlite with gaia green 4-4-4, bat guano, and earthworm castings mixed in and finally watering with advance nutrients stalker stiffener, kelp and pH around 6.3-6.5. Help???

IMG_20210119_002026.jpg

IMG_20210119_002003.jpg

Welcome to 420, Trini! It's a pleasure to have you.

Purple? I see it.

The purple on the stalk is more than likely genetic. I have a couple strains that run with purple stalks. Especially when the light gets to them. It almost appears on mine like a case of sunburn. No ill effects seen on my plants with the purple stems and stalk.

The leaves? Leaves have a tendency to go on the purple side when temps can dip a bit low.

What is happening is the chlorophyll is leaving and being replaced with anthocyanins. This brings about the blue/purples we see in colder grows. In my opinion the anthocyanins also have a distinct flavor; grapey kinda.

What is your grow room temp at?

Welcome to 420, Trini! It's a pleasure to have you.

Purple? I see it.

The purple on the stalk is more than likely genetic. I have a couple strains that run with purple stalks. Especially when the light gets to them. It almost appears on mine like a case of sunburn. No ill effects seen on my plants with the purple stems and stalk.

The leaves? Leaves have a tendency to go on the purple side when temps can dip a bit low.

What is happening is the chlorophyll is leaving and being replaced with anthocyanins. This brings about the blue/purples we see in colder grows. In my opinion the anthocyanins also have a distinct flavor; grapey kinda.

What is your grow room temp at?

Replying to patient puffer
Thanks for having me buddy and I truly appreciate your reply. I'm growing gorilla zkittlez feminized under 1800 watt cobs daylight temps 82f n humidity 52%-55%. Night temps 73f-75f n humidity 45%. This is my last two weeks of veg then I'm switching to flowering. Thanks again

it looks like you might have some pest problem along with the off colour , see some dodgy specks on the left side leaves on the pic one , looks like mite damage , worth getting a good look at also
Hey buddy thanks for the reply, the white specs you see is saw dust. Was doing ah little woodwork and ah little dust blew their way. I meant to dust them off . Thanks again

yes but peat is very acidic and in the 4s , bat guano can drop too to very low levels thats why i wondered

Fresh guano has a pH of 5.1–7.3, making it neutral or somewhat acidic. However, as it ages, the guano becomes strongly acidic, reaching pH levels of 2.7–4.1.

most peat base mixes use lime so the ph balance out , buffering

edit i answered to quick , my dog was melting my head to get out lol

so its coco perlite and amendments maybe just plain water for a couple of goes see how it goes i see a bit of burn but not much, small plants don't need much burn to have problems or lock outs . you need this sorted before even thinking of flowering .
the rust/gold stripe remind be of ph fluctuations ,

right im off again , be few hours until i get back ,

Back
Top Bottom