Pythium issue

Far East Buds

This is a recent issue I have had... this is my most recent post in perpetual grow. Battling pythium...

So I spent several hours last night cleaning everything in Veg. All the plants had strong h202 run through the net pots. Every hose had it pump through it for quite qwhile and all tubs cleaned and h202'd. Damn that was alot of work and I still have to do flower tonight. half a gallon of h202 used to clean veg.. Ran it pretty aggressive on stuff.. all over..

Fresh nutes in the Veg res and there is no ugly foam anymore or anything. I can no longer see any signs it even existed. So far.....

I ran a strong does of that and DMZ in the res so maybe that will help keep the baddies out.

All plants in veg I removed as much of the hydroton as possible in each pot and replaced it with Coco. For now this is my medium of choice.

So what keeps the water that sits around from going stagnant in Top feed systems. It isnt enough to even work with an air stone... Is the goal to feed so little there is not a surplus and it drinks what little remains in between feedings? To avoid pythium should I just be looking to disrupt the water surface?

Should I figure out a way that nothing will remain left behind for water? Like drill a bunch of holes in my tubs and run a flow table? Guess I should have thought of all this ahead of time but everyone I asked say a half gallon in the bottom of the tubs would not be an issue.... but apparently it is..;/ I am not running it as one but isnt that the same as a dutch pot? except that has hydroton in the thing? Do they get pythium too? I understand it is related to dead water and heat but my tubs don't get above 75... anywho...

I will have to figure something out as I know it is a bitch to get rid of pythium and if i do I need to make sure it doesn't come back...

I have more info on the thread if someone is willing to help and needs more info.... Plan is in place to get it under control and even a plan B but I want to make sure I am not running a system that will have a reoccurring issue.

Thanks for looking

:peace:

FE

Back
Top Bottom