Quantum T5 Badboy

I agree on the heat. Learned the hard way what a problem heat becomes in the summer.

I really like the T5 HO for veg and mothers. The plants LOVE the T5 light in the early growth stages. I started tomatoes and peppers under them as well and have never had such healthy seedlings. Very little inter-node stretching.

Hey Jigga i am about to start an organic grow in soil using FoxFarms Ocean, what nutes do you recommend from Advanced?
I was going to use the FoxFarms Trio, but maybe i will give Advanced Nutes a try!

hey guys things are still lookin good . i was doing alot of research lately on nutes n have found that advanced is pretty much the end all be all . i dont know much about the storm that you have but i am confident if you do some research on advanced you will be impressed and they have a money back gurantee. pluss all the products they have if you cant boost your growth with those it seems you shouldnt be growing. anyway i havent been able to use them yet but i have the starter three pack and big bud ready to use for my babies .
i dont want to sound like a comercial but i also dont want you to waste your money . foiler sprays seem like bs to me bcuz the best spray is water and seltzer water for co2. i used foiler spray on my plants and they started to burn so now i just use water n they are lookin great for little babies.
i'll get some good pics up in my journal as soon as i get everything a little more organized.
btw. i does any one know if those sunleaves hid bulbs with 11,00 lumans can be put in my badboy? i have never seen what kind of size or bulbs the sunleaves look like but am seriously interested in them.

Currently have a 4 bulb T5 badboy that I use for clones, I purchased it used and it impressed me so much that I ordered a 12 bulber from Greners (best prices on Quantum Badboys). Got the T5 bulbs from HTG Supply, a 8 pack of warms, and a 4 pack of cools all are Agromax, 12 quality T5's for less than a 100$.

Going to place 9 5 gallon pots under the Badboy 12'er, then flower them with a couple 1000W HPS.I intend on seeding and vegging till about three weeks then going with a 600w MH Digilux HID till flowering. I've been curious to veg all the way with the Badboy to see if there is a difference from using a 600 MH, I'll keep you guys posted.

Btw I initially tried to order a 8 bulb yet they are on backorder from Quantum for about a month or less, that is if you go to any reputable Quantum dealer.

I now have three T5 Badboys - 2 of the 8 bulb and 1 of the 4 bulb.

I was surprised at how much heat is produced by the three - substantially more then the initial 8 bulb and 4 bulb set up.

I am using low stress training on my mothers now. Even the sativa mothers love the T5s and are responding well to the LST - growing more horizontal.

elightbulbs has a great selection of T5 bulbs

Now this is a bummer. I contacted my hydro store. He is only selling them locally, as he is offering free shipping, and experiencing lots of issues from won't work at all to some bulbs not working. Now that aside, he says when they work, they work great

If the BadBoy is not assembled correctly, it may not work right. Had that issue with my 4 bulb, as it was assembled at the factory. The thingey that the bulb snaps into was not quite on right - sorry for the verbage.

Even a properly assembled lamp with improperly inserted bulbs = problems.

Have experienced that too.

Except the Quantum Ballast, which does NOT ship with the T5 BadBoy, the whole set-up is pretty cheaply made. I researched the ballast that does ship and it seems decent.

It's amazing to me that it works so well, as it seems a bit better quality then the shop lights from Home Depot.

Still a HUGE fan and so are my veg plants and mothers.

I ordered an 8 bulb. Had the same issue as you, one of the ceramic fixtures that the bulb slots into was not seated, and probably was the cause of blowing one bulb. I took it apart only to discover all I needed to do was tug on it to snap it into place.

I have yet to install it, but will soon.

Are you playing any light blending games? If yes, which bulbs do you have where in veg-bloom?

Are you playing any light blending games? If yes, which bulbs do you have where in veg-bloom?

I am using 4100K, 6500K and 3500K bulbs. Mostly 6500K (maybe 2 of the 6500 to the others), but trying to intermix the lot. If I look up from the floor and see a mix of bulbs, I call it good.

I am sure there are better ways, but my plants are so happy, I can't mess with an awesome thing.

Last spring, i started peppers and tomatoes under this method and had very little hardening off issues, when transplanting outside. The hardening off process was decreased to merely days, instead of weeks.

I imagine ladies would respond in a similar manner.

In my 12er I run Spectralux 6400 and 2400 i believe. 8/4 warm to cool ratio, strictly vegetative though.

I just upgraded to an 8blub Bad Boy from a 250MH....the 250 is a joke, i cant believe i ever used it....under the bad boy the plants are stacking up, getting bushy and loving the upgrade. The 250 caused the plants to strech and have a retarded amount of growth between nodes....Lets go Bad Boy!

Growth under the 400 watt BB has been decent, but not explosive.

As a first time user of DM nutes, I have been cautious. I think it's time to move from DMs 'standard' feed schedule, closer to 'accelerated'.

I increased the ppms of DM Gold from`800 to ~1000. I will run this for a week, keeping a close eye on leaf tips, growth, etc., and adjust accordingly.

Keep you posted.

I donated enough to put you over 1k, you deserve it. :thumb:

How close can the T5 HOs be? Vegging just past clone stage.

My opinion is that they should be between 6" & 8" from the tops.

I've noticed some heat/light stress using the T5 HOs too close. IMO, if the top leaves are curling up and they have plenty of water in the growing medium then you have light stress. There are other things that cause this as well but my main question is about distance from the light.

I'm totally open to opinions on this and appreciate it.

Not intending to thread jack or anything. :peacetwo:

Hope you don't mind another question.

Would a cool tube T5 be a viable option?

LOL.

Are we supposed to believe this?

After several grows with mediocre results using a 400 watt hps, I wound up buyng a UFO 90 LED and after 2 grows with good, but not great results, which I felt was due to lack of watts, I began to researching all forms of lighting. Just as I was getting ready to buy another LED, I stumbled upon BendMCs journal with the Bad Boy.

After a lot of mental masterbation, I concluded that even though LEDs minimize heat issues (it is damn hot here 8 months a year) they have long term issues that makes their overall cost prohibitive.

An exciting aspect with the BB is two bulb choices 2900 and 6500. I settled on an 8 bulb BB and bought 8 each 2900/6500, which allows me to mimic the spectrum change from spring planting to fall harvest. I started a journal with AFs. Alas, they are not cooperating just yet.

Right now I am in veg. Never have I seen such tight stacking of internodes.

HTH

I set up my (legal MMJ) room about a year ago and started with the T5 BB in veg, so I don't have any experience with MHs.

In the past year, I have grown a few strains - white widow, white rhino, blue moonshine and sacra frasca.

The ww and wr had tight internode spacing in veg.

The bm and sf, however, had increased spacing. I am guessing this is due to sativa genetics?

Keeping the T5 BB lights too far from the plants definitely adds to the stretching.

Back
Top Bottom