Quantum T5 Badboy

I've looked all over the net for 24" VHO tubes and fixtures, but I don't think anybodies making them, at least not yet.

yeah they only come in 48" right now.

Just to clear up some fact that was thrown out up above. A new VHO throws out 7500 Lumen at 95 watts. A 4 foot HO throws out 5000 using 54 watts. So lumen for watt is better with the HO. You probably get a little better penetration with the VHO but the HO bulbs are cheaper. The beauty of T5's, VHO, HO or NO, is you get a uniform blanket of light thrown over the entire footprint. There aren't any cost saving advantages with T5 over HID but there is the advantage that you can tweak the spectrum just by juggling the bulbs around, so done right you potentially can get bigger yields with higher quality buds. One grow I'm very familiar with several 4 x 4 flowering beds starts out using half 3000k and half 6500K bulbs (one twelve bulb VHO unit per bed) and gradually works up to 12 3000K bulbs in the final bed for the last three weeks of flowering.

So if you were going to try to flower with a 12 bulb 4 footer 54 watt T-5, what type of bulbs would you use?

I bought some GE Ecolux in the 3000K range and the reds seem really nice. I have 2 red bulbs amidst my 6 blue bulbs, in a 8 lamp system. I also added 1 red bulb to my 4 lamp system.

For a 12 lamp set up:

I would keep 2-4 blue lamps - 6500K, spread apart in the 12 lamp set up, and do the rest in the 4000-3000K range. There are varieties for you in the red range. This would create a more full spectrum output.

Thanks, did you get them on line?

I did buy the bulbs online. I purchased from elightbulbs.com. They have a good variety of bulbs and reasonable shipping.

I'm always a fan of one stop shopping and this was the first site that was well priced and had all of the bulbs that I wanted to try. I have ordered from them twice and both times it took at least a week to receive the bulbs; as part of each order was back ordered. I am very happy with this company.

Peace -

3k for flower, some might mix a couple blues in as well....i use all 3k in my 8 bulb for flower and have a mix in my 6 bulb in the same room.

I think it is a good thing to keep a little full spectrum going through the whole flowering period. There are plenty of other things that are still going on with the plant besides flowering.
On a twelve bulb fixture we start out with six 3k and six 6.5K and then slowly work up to ten 3K and 2 6.5K, we also run 4 6500 CFL as side lighting and those are also the type that generate negative ions. Like most grows, each one is a whole new experiment!

Hello everybody, Buds are increasing nicely in size and smell. Crystals are coming in nicely too. Heres some pics.

IMG_001311.JPG

IMG_001513.JPG

IMG_001913.JPG

IMG_002010.JPG

grow_room_0031.JPG

grow_room_054.JPG

grow_room_060.JPG

grow_room_061.JPG

Quick little update, I over watered a litlle. some leaves have turned a little yellow with some browning. Also when we used Fox Farms Ocean Forest Potting Soil we think we got white flies from it. I purchased something from my grow shop which is like sand, only it goes over your soil and thats it. In about 3-5 days the flies which everyone refers to as "Gnats" are supposed to disappear also killing larva and eggs which could have been laid in the pots. You'll notice some sand looking material on top of the pots. Ill keep everybody posted and get more info on it. Its like Ocean Sand.
Buds are increasing expodentially in size and aromas in the room are becoming sweet and familiar. At the moment Im spraying foilage w/ straight water @ 5.9PH and not watering the pots again until tuesday. Everything seems good so far though.

Hey Bend, I'v been keeping tabs on your grow and everything is looking great so far. I just put 2&2 together and realized your loc. My aunt lives down the road from Mt Bachelor...actually where I proposed to my wife last year. Awesome place to be! That with Smith Rock is like living in paradise. We live in Georgia right now but hope to move out there one day! Keep up the good work. I hope your grow finishes up strong.

The Trichs are coming! The trichs are coming! Quick somebody call the voporizer brigade! lol! Hello everybody! peep these sniper shots! Ohhhh. Have a good night all!

Bend
:surf::bong::slide:

IMG_00659.JPG

IMG_00648.JPG

IMG_00635.JPG

IMG_0062_1.JPG

IMG_00545.JPG

IMG_00509.JPG

IMG_00466.JPG

I think Im getting the flu, no wait.... maybe a little dizzy... I cant tell.....Stay tuned. Thanks everybody for the comments.

3k for flower, some might mix a couple blues in as well....i use all 3k in my 8 bulb for flower and have a mix in my 6 bulb in the same room.
So how would you rate your grow using them to flower with?

Nope Im using a mix of GE Starcoat, Qauntum, and Spectralux. All are giving same amount of lumens on my naked eye, light meter. I do not have a digi light meter yet to give a more accurate reading. Sorry.
As far as I can tell they're growing as expected from what the manufacturer claims. I have all 3000K bulbs across with two single 6500K bulbs placed at each of the ends. Working superb!

IMG_00954.JPG

IMG_00946.JPG

IMG_00927.JPG

IMG_00884.JPG

IMG_00818.JPG

IMG_007910.JPG

IMG_007810.JPG

IMG_00774.JPG

The AK-47 was trying to uppercut my Gracious Goodness today. I dont know what they're fighting about!?! LOL Have a good night all!:cheer::slide::passitleft::tommy::thanks::thumb:

Back
Top Bottom