Question about air circulation

Nyhm Reaper

As with most things when I search for answers I get varying information so i will ask and see what I can get from here. Is it ok to have the fan blowing directly onto the plant or would aiming the fan away just to circulate the air be better? Its just a pc server fan so no option to oscillate, its either directly at or away...

Personally, I use 2 clip fans aimed downwards and at an angle to the tent sides attempting to create a small counter-clockwise vortex of air circulation that gives some breeze to the plants. I try not to blow directly on the plants ever, I would think that over time, wind burn or other issues might crop up.

I put together a crudely constructed vent cover of sorts to direct the fan to do something similar to what you do. I have the intake/out next to each other with the cover between them and angled to direct the air flow.

I aim my fans at the walls. I put them at both ends of the grow space. You can move them around too. While I use the CFLS I actually aim them right at the light to help with heat dispersion. I look at my plants and if all the leaves look like they are gently rustling in a steady breeze I'm happy with that. If any leaves are being turned, flipped up or folded awkwardly by the air flow I readjust the fans.

I do keep an extra PC fan blowing across my lights. I got in the box last night and adjusted it so the fan blowing across the lights blows the hot air towards the outtake.. outtake?? Is it outtake? I know its intake but outtake just doesnt sound right... Anyways, I noticed a drop in temp of a few degrees just by doing that. I believe she was getting a little to much heat prior to moving it.

Intake - Exhaust, an outtake is a section or scene, as of a movie, that is filmed but not used in the final version. I've seen several degree differences created by small adjustments to the circulation fans. You might be able to get a few more degrees using a different fan orientation, it's all about trial and error when it comes to air circulation more so than with any other aspect of cannabis growing I think.

Back
Top Bottom