Question About Nutrients Being Watered Down

joshmanblue5

420 Member
So I've been using Foxfarm's Big Bloom and Tiger Bloom, along with Technaflora's Sugar Daddy. I've ordered 1 gallon jugs from different vendors on Amazon and at my local hydro store. Every jug I've seemed to receive is different in look and texture, and later doing research on Amazon there have been a lot of hidden reviews claiming their product was watered down. For example, I bought a gallon of Big Bloom on Amazon where people had complained there's have been watered down and the picture with their reviews looked just like my jug. So I went to the hydro store and paid $25 more for a jug than I had online. To my surprise, this jug from the local store looked like water that was brown as apposed to a thick "chocolate milk" like texture the online bottle had. The 2 jugs even have different prints. Does anybody know what's going on or where a reliable place to buy would be?

Attachments

• 20200809_235955.jpg
    20200809_235955.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 46
  • 20200810_000014.jpg
    20200810_000014.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 59
As far as the difference in the bottles I’d say one is probably just newer, they have the same # on the barcode, but as far as watered down I’m not sure, maybe they just have a new formula or something so they can put that “omri listed for organic use” on the bottle

As far as the difference in the bottles I’d say one is probably just newer, they have the same # on the barcode, but as far as watered down I’m not sure, maybe they just have a new formula or something so they can put that “omri listed for organic use” on the bottle

Interesting theory, that would make sense about changing the texture as a side effect of complying with OMRI standards. If that's the case, I resent them since now my nutes spill no matter how I pour them lol.

Was there no seal on it under the cap?like that
image.jpg

On both 1g jugs of Big Bloom (1 from online and the other from a local store) and the 1g of Sugar Daddy from online, all came with a sealed top, with a hole and mesh in the hole for "leaking pressure during shipping" I've read. My smaller bottle of Tiger Bloom even came with a hole in the lid itself and needs to be covered with your finger while shaking the bottle.

Attachments

• Tiger Bloom.jpg
    Tiger Bloom.jpg
    609.5 KB · Views: 39
  • Big Bloom 1g Cap.jpg
    Big Bloom 1g Cap.jpg
    579.8 KB · Views: 40
Contact the manufacturer directly about your concern. They would probably have the answer for you, maybe even offer to send you some new ones to replace the ones you have. Or they might tell you both your hydro store and Amazon are selling fakes or they changed their formula, etc. and they won't do squat about it.

Back
Top Bottom