Questions about light setting

JayMiami1221

Anyone know what intensity I should have this HLG 650 r set at just put seeds in today... also a little concerned with tent temperature it’s sitting at 93 right now with 3 fans running

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    514 KB · Views: 49
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 42
Hi JayMiami1221 ...You will want to have very little light or weaker lighting on your seedlings at first week or two when they sprout ... As for the heat in your tent you will want to lower that to around 70f ..75f ... Do you have an inline exhaust fan venting the air out of the tent?

Hi JayMiami1221 ...You will want to have very little light or weaker lighting on your seedlings at first week or two when they sprout ... As for the heat in your tent you will want to lower that to around 70f ..75f ... Do you have an inline exhaust fan venting the air out of the tent?
Yes I do 6 in inline to carbon filter for some reason the ac vent in that room isn’t working so it’s like a hot box

That would probably work, If you have an extra inline fan put it in that duct and have the cold air from outside the tent blowing in and your exhaust fan up top will keep the hot air flowing out giving you some negative air pressure in your tent and with that less chance of smell escaping when you open the tent door! so win win lol :)

LOL...Heck before I have wired a simple pc fan to a charger cord to plug into the wall and used an old soup can as the coupler to fit the 6inch inline ducting from an old portable ac unit ducting it worked great till i got another inline fan... lol So I know what your going threw!

Running the exhaust to outside the room, or outside period, will help too. Exhausting hot air right back into the room will raise the room temps, which raises the tent temp more. Rinse, repeat. A vicious circle, it is.

Oh, the light intensity. I like to run mine on as low of a power setting as possible. I've seen people put big lights at the top of the tent, then run them at 100%. Further distance, less intensity, then as the plants grow they get higher intensity as they need it.

I get it, but I've always scratched my head at the waste of juice. :laugh:

I have a little light meter I picked up off the zon (dr something or other) for about $20. Good enough to get in the ball park with white lighting.

From the above article:

HOW MUCH LIGHT DO YOUR CANNABIS PLANTS REQUIRE?
  • Clones and seedlings: 5,000–7,000 lux
  • Vegetative growth: 15,000–50,000 lux
  • Flowering: 45,000–65,000 lux
  • Maximum recommended amount of light: 75,000 lux

In general, for veg I'll run about 60% at 24"+/-. The week before flip I bump to 80%, a week after flip I'll bump to 100%, and lower to 18"-20". Once stretch is over, I set it to 18". The last 2 weeks I drop to 80% and lower the light to 12"-14". (Lower power used, but higher PPFD as the light is closer.)

Between seedling and veg, I ramp up over about a 2 week period from sprout. Starting at 20% at 24", then bumping it up 5% every few days.

I'm only on my second grow so grain of salt and whatnot. I have found great luck with small 6-8" desk fan with an out spout intended for a dryer out line (as in washing machine and dryer) either plastic or aluminum hose.( Also 6 -8") But this will require a hole in the wall taking the exhaust outside or at least to another room. Hope my trial and error experience helps! Good luck good toking and goodnight

Back
Top Bottom