Questions about light setting

JayMiami1221

Anyone know what intensity I should have this HLG 650 r set at just put seeds in today... also a little concerned with tempature I’m setting at 93 right now

Hiya if they haven't popped yet and it's that warm I wouldn't worry about the light. Once they do you don't need to crank it but give them some decent sun, 24"-30" off I'd say, your manufacturer might have that data for you. You're gonna want a fan! Whats your grow space like? CHeers, gl! :yahoo:

am new in the filed and i would like to know and get some tips about the lighting setup am using cfl light right now and am planing to change the setup a bet confused between cfl and hps or led light hope you guys help me with that

High Sativa83

CFL is good for small seedlings but there is not enough light penetration into canopy from CFL.

High Pressure Sodium / Metal Halide was the gold standard for growing for many years, but higher cost of operation + high temps (some fixtures can do both HPS and/or Metal Halide bulbs as interchangeable - while on other fixtures these 2 bulbs are not interchangeable)

CMH = Ceramic Metal Halide also higher cost of operation + higher temps

LED most manufacturers started with blurples (blue & red light) and have migrated to white LED’s lower cost of operation + less heat from fixture

I started in 2019 with one 315 CMH ceramic metal halide light, then later upgraded to one 600 watt HPS, finally two months ago I bought 2 - 300 watt Mars Hydro LED’s. My advice would be save yourself time & money and just go for the LED’s.

NextLight, Mars Hydro and Budget LED are all sponsors here and offer discounts to 420 members

Back
Top Bottom