Questions for the Sativa Growers

too old

Hello all - this is my first attempt at growing a very Sativa dominant strain (not sure which strain, though). The plants all seem to be healthy and are growing like crazy. My questions are these: because they are all growing like christmas trees, can I top them and use a modified LST system to help spread them out? Will the lower branches produce buds equal to the tops? They seem to be naturally heading for a "menorah" shape, I was wondering if I could help them along? Thanks for any input.

My questions are these: because they are all growing like christmas trees, can I top them and use a modified LST system to help spread them out? Thanks for any input.

This will work fine.

I grew Neville's Haze under CFLs using these techniques and it yield well.
Flowered 110 days and highly recomended.

:peace: to the brothers and sisters,
cocoJoe

Flowered 110 days and highly recomended. [/QUOTE said:
110 DAYS!!!??? You're yanking my chain, right? I guess I should have done a little more research. I hope I last that long. But, thanks for the info.

Thanks Al1. I thought it was just my imagination until I stuck a tape measure up against them. Incredible growth rate, something like 5" in three days. As for feeding them, I haven't seen any nute burn yet, but they do show some signs and symptoms of over-fertilizing. I cut their food back to half strength, and they still show some signs, so I think I'll cut it back some more.

Thanks to you and CocoJoe for your help.

If your limited on height space don't let them flower for too long and get away from you. Those damn sativas have a mind of their own. They also are pretty sensitive to too much nutes and will burn easily so start them out s l o o o o w. I put a WW in veg two weeks ago and it's already a foot and a half
Im noticing this with my C99 x PR... very sensitive to nutes, just water for my girl for next few weeks..

Back
Top Bottom