quick questions

akaman

i know it says to wait til 80% of pistules are brown but what if the top is still white (cause its still growing) and the mid and bottom are turning brown (just starting to turn). also i read a thread that said 50/50 is better because the bud loses some of its potency the longer you let them turn brown. so which is better? 50% or 80%. just trying to eliminate problems for future grows. ps i bought a good camera so if anyone wants to see let me know. thx in advance:smokin:
tmpphpybMrnr1.jpg
this is a earlier pic.

I am no expert (because my plant refuses to bud) but I believe the experts prefer to go by the color of the trics and not the hairs. Once you get a certain percentage of amber to cloudy that indicates the optimal time to harvest...a small/cheap Radio Shack microscope will be required though.

Someone will be along shortly to tell you the corect ratio of amber/cloudy..

I am no expert (because my plant refuses to bud) but I believe the experts prefer to go by the color of the trics and not the hairs. Once you get a certain percentage of amber to cloudy that indicates the optimal time to harvest...a small/cheap Radio Shack microscope will be required though.

thx poker shark, if u want, i edited a pic in of before it started to brown, if u wanna see.tell me what u think plz:smokin:

Pistol color is not a concrete way to see if your plant is ready. Like Poker Shark said, you will want to invest in a cheap microscope from radio shack ($12) and check out the trich colors. ;-) 50/50 is a term that is used for trich colors and not the colors of the pistols. Most people harvest when the trichs are 50%/50% cloudy/amber.

Pistol color is not a concrete way to see if your plant is ready. Like Poker Shark said, you will want to invest in a cheap microscope from radio shack ($12) and check out the trich colors. ;-) 50/50 is a term that is used for trich colors and not the colors of the pistols. Most people harvest when the trichs are 50%/50% cloudy/amber.

hey ms fox, yeah i think im gonna do that and fast cause the pistules are definitely turning. thank you:smokin:

hi again Ms.Fox, ordered a pocket scope online cause the radio shacks around here didnt have them but i found a 60x scope for believe it or not 7.50so thx again. but i have 1 more question for you, my baby is from bagseed and she's been flowering since 6/23. how many wks do you think it will take before ready to harvest? just wanted your opinion while i'm waiting for my scope to arrive.thx and have a great day:smokin:

hi poker shark, found a 60x pocket scope online for $7.50. no radio shacks in my area had em. thx for the direction, much appreciated:smokin: by the way MsFox,obxgardener and BeIrie, to name a few, are excellant sources of information and they probably could tell you why your girl isn't budding. good luck with that.:smokin: or post in faq and get lots of input

Yeah, they have all been great help to me and others... the concensus is that my plant is mostly id not pure Sativa which takes 12 weeks or longer to flower...add to that my heat issues and you end up with a very frustrated grower (Me). .. but it's all good, the plant is growing an inch a day and buds are slowly forming.
You will love examining all the different parts of your plant with your microscope too... they are a fantastic plant seen at that level too...

hi Ms.Fox, finally got my pocket scope but either i got a cheap scope or it's normal to have to get thisclose to see anything. anyway once i was able to get my hand steady enough to see the trichomes( which was hard as hell and i was never able to get a steady look) i thought they looked clear, at least some of them. do you have any ideas on how to steady my aim so i can actually see which ones are clear and which might be cloudy? it's a 60x to 100x scope. is this overkill? finally can u tell me again at what stages( clear vs cloudy vs amber) will give what kind of head plz? pretty plz? thank you for taking the time to help me, i really appreciate it:smokin: ps im pretty sure some are cloudy

You will love examining all the different parts of your plant with your microscope too... they are a fantastic plant seen at that level too...

hi poker shark, got that scope dude and damn if it aint fascinating:grinjoint: a whole world in itself. the only problem i'm having is steadying my hand long enough to appreciate it.:smokin: i'm nervous about pulling a leaf off tho cause they're full of white stuff but i might have to , to be able to get a steady look.

I would not worry about cutting small pieces of foliage off your plant, I recommend you getting a really good pair of small trimming shears (scissors) Walmart has a great pair in their sewing section for $7.
I dont think you need to cut'view every day until you know your really close to harvest time...it is fasinating though I agree!!

You may have to remove a leaf that has trichs on it just to be able to see the trichs. It really is next to impossible to hold still long enough to see them on the plant. Here is a really great link for info that will answer your question and more - What are Trichomes? Trichome 101

You may have to remove a leaf that has trichs on it just to be able to see the trichs. It really is next to impossible to hold still long enough to see them on the plant. Here is a really great link for info that will answer your question and more - What are Trichomes? Trichome 101

Ms.Fox u ARE a genius, thx for trichome post, everything i needed to know was there. will also save page for future reference. ++reps:smokin:

Back
Top Bottom