Racer's First Grow with CFLs - Bag Seed

Update: Things have been going well for a while now. Growth has slowly accelerated and the plants are starting to look healthier. One is still a little run but that is because the roots were so bad that I had to pull 90% of them. One of them is taking off like it is on steroids, but I have to keep the nutes down till the last one catches up. Today I introduce a ppm of 440, going to see how the small one likes it. The middle child is growing well but very clustered, anyone know why that is the case?

SANY00504.JPG
SANY00493.JPG
SANY00515.JPG

Update: Plants are still looking healthy, well at least all of them but one. Even the runt is now growing like crazy. pH has been very consistent at 6.0 and yesterday I gave them half strength nutrients bringing them ppm up to 530. Going to slowly increase the ppm every couple of days to see how the plants like the increased nutrients. Here are a couple of pictures that I just took a couple of minutes ago. One of them has so many leaves and is starting to take over my growing space haha

SANY00574.JPG
SANY00584.JPG
SANY00592.JPG

Update: Things are starting to look better and better. The plants are getting bigger and even the small runt is slowly recovering. I think either today or tomorrow I will start tying down the plants so that they have a little more room and are not all over each other. Each one of them has been topped at least once as well. I am slowly getting closer to putting them into flowering. Just waiting on the last one to catch up.

20130525_112725.jpg
20130525_112732.jpg
20130525_112739.jpg

Update: Pictures taken today. They are getting mighty big. Slowly out growing my grow space! Question: Should I switch them into flowering soon? Should I be getting decent yield if I start the process now?

You probably can't see it well but the big one is tied down and I put the cup at an angle so that it slows down growing haha
20130527_135115.jpg
20130527_135121.jpg
20130527_135127.jpg

just stopping by, love your setup man, i cant help much as i am doing my first grow. but it seems your a good problem solver, im sure you`ll end up with some epic buds

if you ask me you have too many in one container. you must decide how you wish to grow your plants. some people can grow one 4.5'x4.5'x5' plant in a container of that size. if you wanted each to have one main kola that they focus on then 6 would fit in your container. if you wanted to have them bushy as they are now, then only 2 per container at the most. if you have a 6' or taller tent leave them bushy then i would begin flowering when they are 1.5' tall. you could also use this area to keep mother plants in and take cuttings to use as clones for another system. your larger plants can have cuttings taken from them now.

just stopping by, love your setup man, i cant help much as i am doing my first grow. but it seems your a good problem solver, im sure you`ll end up with some epic buds
Hey thanks for stopping by! Do you have current journal going on? Would love to check it out!

if you ask me you have too many in one container. you must decide how you wish to grow your plants. some people can grow one 4.5'x4.5'x5' plant in a container of that size. if you wanted each to have one main kola that they focus on then 6 would fit in your container. if you wanted to have them bushy as they are now, then only 2 per container at the most. if you have a 6' or taller tent leave them bushy then i would begin flowering when they are 1.5' tall. you could also use this area to keep mother plants in and take cuttings to use as clones for another system. your larger plants can have cuttings taken from them now.
Actually, since they are random bagseeds, I am only expecting 1 or 2 females at the most. The tent that I have is around 72" so they can grow plenty tall. I don't think I will take any cuttings for clones from this batch because it's just random stuff. Next grow I will use Nirvana AK-48 and Northern Lights. Hopefully by then I will feel advanced enough to start my own batch of clones.

Flower day 5: Time for a long needed update. Plants are doing quite well to be honest, a lot better than I thought they were going to be at the beginning of my grow. The pH has been stable as can be, I am at the point where I don't even check the pH unless I see something wrong with the water. I am still slowly increasing the PPM, it is around 900 and I am using transitional nutes at the moment. Next week I will give it a full dose of flower nutes and see how they like it. I can't wait to see what sex they are going to be, anyone able to tell yet from experience? Really got my fingers crossed that the big plant is a female, it will be a real bummer if it isn't. Here are some pics to show what's going on.

20130604_210245.jpg
20130604_210558.jpg
20130604_210605.jpg
20130604_211801.jpg
20130604_210622.jpg

BTW I am 6'3" and have large hands. The fan leaves on this thing are monster
20130604_211856.jpg

Anyone still interested in this journal? If not, I'll go ahead and close it down and start a new one with my next grow haha.

Good News: The biggest one is definitely female, white pistils coming out everywhere. The second largest plant is starting to look like a male, looks like small balls forming but I will wait another day or so until I am 100% certain. The smallest runt is a female but I don't think I will be getting a lot out of her. pH has been stable at 5.7-5.9 every day and the PPM is now up to 1000. Tomorrow I will switch from transitional nutes to flowering nutes. So far so good, had a rough start but it's starting to look really good, haven't had any problems since the beginning.

Flower 10: Time for an update. Unfortunately, I had to toss the middle plant, it was a nasty boy. Still unsure about the small runt, but its been so abused at this point that I might just toss it anyways. The big girl is doing great, growing a lot, almost too much. Today I introduced the flowering nutes and will see how it goes. Also, today I spotted a little friend in my grow. It was a spider, don't know how it got in there but I did a thorough sweep and it was the only one in there. Sprayed some pest be gone around the windows, floor, tent openings, and the inside of the tent. That should keep the outsiders away haha Here are some pictures for you guys, not the greatest but they'll do.

20130609_223255.jpg
20130609_224013.jpg
20130609_224019.jpg
20130609_224028.jpg

Flower 12: Sadly, there is only one plant left. Fortunately, it is the biggest out of the three. It's growing strong, drinking about a gallon of water per day. PPM was around 950 today and the pH at 5.7. Temperature have been getting a little higher 82F during peak heat and 68F at night. She is starting to slowly flower, but man is she big. She is easily 3 feet tall at the moment, almost closer to 4. Also, I removed about 5 fan leaves today that were blocking bud sites and she is no longer tied up, we'll see how she respond to it.

The pictures really don't do her justice, the color is also really green, not as yellow as it looks.
20130611_210253.jpg
20130611_210130.jpg
20130611_210108.jpg

i would not worry that you only have one plant left, it will grow to the space you are providing. your plant should fill your cabinet when it begins to flower. as i typed previously i would only have kept two plants maximum in your container that bushy.

i would not worry that you only have one plant left, it will grow to the space you are providing. your plant should fill your cabinet when it begins to flower. as i typed previously i would only have kept two plants maximum in your container that bushy.
I definitely can see that now, 3 plants would have been too much in that reservoir. For my next grow, I am thinking about growing 4-5 plants, each in a separate 5 gallon light proof bucket. I never thought that his one plants would get that bushy, but you don't hear me complaining haha, any idea from past experiences how much I could possibly yield from this girl (or should I say large women ;))?

Flower 15: Not much happening at the moment. It's really starting to flower now and the main colas are starting to show themselves. PPM was at 1170 today, almost a little too high. Added more distilled water to lower it. I am slowly starting to defoliate the plant, mainly fan leaves that are blocking bud sites. pH was at 5.9 really glad that it is finally spot on, makes a huge difference in growth. Here are some pictures for you followers.

20130614_213720.jpg
20130614_213730.jpg
20130614_213742.jpg
20130614_213805.jpg

Back
Top Bottom