Rain and Maturing Flowers

HotLooSey

How do you deal with the rain and your maturing plants?
Won't rain cause mold in the flowers?

What is your threshold for rain , sun, rain? How much rain does it take for you to take proactive action?

Many Thanks Boys,

Yup... sure will. Be sure to gently remove any bud rot you see as it will spread.
I bump the plants around a bit to knock off the big drops. You might consider a clear plastic lean-to type covering.... or whatever configuration meets your available grow area.

One of the best stategies for overall defense is to keep your plant healthy. A healthy plant will naturally resist alot of issues ranging from insects issues to fungus and mold issues.

Cheers

Yep,if the rain don't get 'em the fog will.

BTW,is it staying overcast for days after the rain or is it in and out?

If it's in and out and it's going to be sunny and warm I wouldn't sweat it. If it's going to be cloudy for days and they're close to maturity,harvest.

LooSey you and I both live in notoriously cloudy,rainy regions. I'd try to hook up with some of the old time outdoor growers in the area and find out what strains and strategies work for them.

Old growers here tend to use locally developed sativa strains for outdoor grows here. They're acclimatized and the lighter bud density dries and resists rot better.

Good thoughts, thanks. I've got a very dense indica that is looking awesome at the moment and trying to salvage her. The others are mostly sativa and you are right that they are not as dense.
Mostly cloudy days still but looks like sun and 70s coming this week.

Thanks again for the insights.

Back
Top Bottom