Brown mold after the rain

Howdy @Dwight Monk @popcrnchicken

How’d the homestretch go for you? Hope you had a rotless harvest!

I finished up the season losing only about ½ gram to rot…using the usual combination of vigilance &, as needed, pre-emptive harvest.

Only glitch was a drenching multi-hour downpour in the dead of the night in early Oct. I responded by taking about half of my harvest down that evening & spending the next several nights trimming, which was damn inconvenient for my schedule, but not so bad for plant readiness—it was only a week earlier than my planned harvest. The rest went down a week later, as planned.

Hope you had a good finish, too!

Grow on, compadres!

Howdy @Dwight Monk

How’d the homestretch go for you? Hope you had a rotless harvest!

I found a few buds with budrot, so I ended up harvesting the one a little earlier than I wanted (but supposed to be a bunch of rain coming according to Weather Channel, so finding some budrot made up my mind ;) ). So similar to you I tossed a few grams of buds is all. One I harvested a 8 days ago in jars curing (still dialing in the RH% where I want it but it is now close enough to probably just burp or leave jar open for a few hours instead of pour out), the other girl is still hanging up to dry and needs a couple more days to join the other in jars.

Depends how bad mine goes I will do things different next year (leave in a pot so I can move them inside shed or find a way to cover them if/when it does rain during Flower) and maybe I'll try and research/find strains less susceptible to that as some do better than others on that. As we had a bunch of rain here last few days sun came out today but have a bad feeling I will be doing the same thing here in a day or two.
any luck on that search?

And do the usual to avoid rot...which is a major consideration in my area. Sometimes rainy autumns, always lotsa dew daily after mid Sept.

Early in the season, I train so that the buds won't be touching each other in fall & prune for airflow. Plus I stick w/ fairly early finishers & mold-resistant strains. Happy to say that this early girl's already down & jarred:
As is its even earlier sister/cousin (wayyyy dif. pheno).
Couple others still out there, but I think they're gonna be alright...home stretch now
Hey there, an amateur grower and professional smoker here, I have a question. By any chance what are those early finishers and mold-resistant strains?

any luck on that search?

Not really, have so many different seeds kinda never got to that, ones I grew the next year wasn't as bad but still had some may just not grow outside or do it with ones in a pot that I can bring in if need be as seems like the weather always starts in before they are done here.

Back
Top Bottom