Re-potting?

ronaldo23

I'm currently growing my first group of cannabis plants under a Dirt Genius DGLGL280HO LED light. Things started off well, I wasn't sure how many plants would grow since it's my first time growing, so I planted about 5-10 seeds in a moderately sized planter to see what came up. Most of the seeds (8 of them) germinated and are currently growing pretty well. I'm getting concerned though, because I'm not sure if I should re-plant them into separate containers.

How much space does a cannabis plant require before it gets too crowded? And if I do decide to replant, should I do it now when the plants are still pretty young and small, or wait until I absolutely have to move them?

Hi Ronaldo23,

Welcome to 420 magazine! :welcome:

I have to concur with The General on this matter. Each plant needs it's own container.

Be well and happy growing!

The problem is that you will end up with a few dominant plants, which will crowd out the others. If you separate them, they'll all have a chance, no matter which ones are stronger or weaker.

The sooner, the better - much less transplant shock. As long as you can scoop 'em out without distubing their roots, it should be fine.

Back
Top Bottom