Ready to harvest

vegetta

Hello I currently growing four strains one of which says its a 45-50 day flower time Im currently at day 47 I was going to take it to day 60 because that is when the rest of my plants should be finished. I just gave them week 7 nutes I was planning on giving them one more feeding with dry koolbloom then a week to flush. I was looking at her under a microscope and realized that the trichomes were more cloudy then clear. I wanted to know if Ill be able to finish my regiment without pushing it to the point of couchlock. I am looking for more of a head high then a body, something for the daytime. I took some photos with a magnify attachment for the phone(sorry if there are blurry Im new to the attachment used)
IMG_5632_1_.JPG
IMG_56219.JPG
IMG_56196.JPG

From my experience not all strains will have amber trichromes. Some white strains just turn cloudy when they are done. There is different types of trichromes out there. As with other traits trichromes change from strain to strain.
There are some guide lines to follow. In the end you have treat each plant as a individual and harvest accordingly. Early harvest times will effect the high of most strains. Early is a little more heady and less body. I do not mean TO early. There is a nice window of time to harvest. I still use the pistils to judge my finish time. After 3/4 of the pistils turn brown I start checking plants. That is just when I start looking. Watch for when they swell up and get heavy. More plants are harvested to soon they to late. Its not a perfect science I know but it has worked for years

Trichomes change as they age with the first stage being clear the 2nd cloudy the 3rd amber heads.

A person would never know that white rhino for instance has Amber heads unless a loop or microscope was used.

The below photos were taken using a $30 200x zoom usb microscope

I harvested at 11 weeks as the bud "seemed " ripe to me here are some of its trichome photos and one of the buds.

cured_018.JPG

You would never know it had amber trichomes unless you got up close and personal with a loop

Tue_Jan_05_19-01-39.jpg

Tue_Jan_05_19-01-48.jpg

Tue_Jan_05_19-07-03.jpg

Tue_Jan_05_19-10-04.jpg

Tue_Jan_05_19-10-13.jpg

Tue_Jan_05_19-10-32.jpg

Back
Top Bottom