Ready to harvest?

PurpleWidow

420 Member
Purple Widow Autoflower. Will be 9 weeks old in 2 days.

Ready to harvest or wait another week?

Attachments

• 89D2DD3A-8DDC-4455-AD51-AFEA2C6C5974.jpeg
    89D2DD3A-8DDC-4455-AD51-AFEA2C6C5974.jpeg
    627 KB · Views: 113
  • 47726172-FAD7-4B7E-9018-4A9EDFB7CEE0.jpeg
    47726172-FAD7-4B7E-9018-4A9EDFB7CEE0.jpeg
    713.3 KB · Views: 107
Best photos I could get. Only 10x magnified.
There is a 'range' of ideals when it comes to the question on when is it ready for harvest.
The main indicator as I understand it is the trichomes, for my current grow I am aiming for somewhere around 70/30% cloudy/amber trichomes, that was the percentage of my very first grow which turned out to really impressive. Then after trichomes I understand the second main sign to look at is the state of the pistils, where many advise of waiting until there are only 10-20% white pistils left and the rest brown. My guess from your pic above is that your pistils are still a lot white, that you could probably wait for another week or two depending on how you like it as in Cannamusic's comparison chart above.
Looking great though!

I checked my CKS Crown Royale this morning, and thought I'd show and tell:

full

Piece of Flower: Jiusion 40 to 1000x Microscope at Least Magnification

At this magnification the trichomes look to be about 60-70% cloudy, and the plant would need a week or to to mature before harvest.

full

Same Flower at About 250x Magnification

Looking closer, we can see that more than 70% of the trichomes are cloudy, and about 5% have started turning amber. My previous experience with this strain leads me to believe it will be ready in three weeks. I started the last 4.5 day bucket of the "Final Ripening" formulation. I'll follow that with three 4.5 day buckets of my flushing routine, let them sit in the dark for a day or two with no nutrients, and then harvest.

This is why I strongly suggest a microscope, rather than a hand held magnifier. Even the steadiest hands, and sharpest eyes can have blurring problems with the slightest shake.

Back
Top Bottom