Ready to harvest

I bud wash like this:

Trim off all the fan leaves first.

Three 5 gal homer buckets

1st bucket is the wash bucket with 1/3 cup lemon juice (store bought in a bottle) and 1/3 cup baking soda in full bucket luke warm water.

Dunk the branches (sized to fit bucket) like 10+ times then let water drip off for several seconds.

Pro tip: cut 3 branches at a time and dunk them together. Its much easier with 3 branches. Once you go to hang and you have more than 3 branches it becomes diffucult to manage the hanging process. I string a line and use that for hanging.

2 rinse buckets luke warm water - dunk again each bucket 10+ times each rinse bucket then hang dry on a line for 3-5 days depending on your room RH.

If the RH in the hanging room is low the dry time will be less. If you room RH is high say over 60% it will take longer to dry. IF you RH in the hanging room is over 70% RH the flowers wont dry you will need a de-humidifier to get it down below 60% RH.

Once dry - trim and into containers and burp daily for a week them good to store/cure.

You do not need to use h2o2 in the wash bucket.

6590DC87-BED2-4AC2-A318-65B1D56D3DCA.jpeg

Thanks again bobrown14. Took pics of my mostly trimmed girls last night. Thought you’d like to see them.
I was concerned about the H2O2 reacting with any remaining Sulphur so I really appreciate your fast and thorough reply. I’m set to chop, wash & hang the first 3 today. My “Weed Shack” is all ready for them. I have a dehumidifier and fan & lines all set. You have really helped me again this year. Always learning.

Looking good.... they ready. Love this time of year. Cutting the tall grass ma'am. Lol!

Congrats - I'm gonna roll the dice we getting 4 days sunny and 80F Indian Summer.

Wish me luck.
Lots of Good Good Luck and Thanks so much. Was so pleased to see your post this morning ⭐️ I was able to get started and have 2 of the Girls hanging in My Weed Shack with the dehumidifier running set to 50 before my guitar lesson this aft. I expect to get the other 2 (GG#4) done tomorrow.
Cheers to 4 Days of Indian Summer for you.

Back
Top Bottom