Help - 1st grow - Nearly ready for harvest - About to go on holiday!

How long until its ready for harvest?

• Within 2 days

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Within 3 days to two weeks

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • More than two weeks away

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Hey I was in a pickle too and was my first. I used a wardrobe box hung it in there with paper towels, baking soda and open frequently to change towels and was able to get dry enough to at least put in jars with no lids. gently tossed a couple times a day with lids off. Just today they were dry enough to cap.
I appreciate this is not the most professional advice but I was in the exact same position as you and I did not want to put them in my 100 degree garage or shed because of what I have read on drying it is not my first choice but it worked in a pinch.

Perhaps we can both evolve together LOL. Seriously. Just dry and cure correctly and it will be awesome not sure if you've tried any along the way but it looks really good

GrowingHappy is probably elbows deep right now. I can't wait to see his results : )

I'll post some pics later. Disappointing though to be honest - I had to lose a LOT to the rot.

Mind you - I've had a little puff and its lovely. :)

BTW - Anyone know what vaping is like with damp weed? Should be OK surely?

A fast method is a cardboard box and a small usb fan circulating air. You can also buy the cigar pouches used to control humidity to accelerate the process but avoid silica gel and those garage deuminidifiers. I tried that and my bud smelled like ass, real nasty stuff.

This is what I'm aiming to set up in the next few days. Cheers for the reminder! :)

Yep, I'll be looking into a better strain for next time. Although I'm tempted to work out an indoor set up now.

BTW - I've still got a Chaze Indica growing. The buds are not nearly as fat, but I don't want go get rot in them too. I've heard feeding with a tiny bit of milk helps the plant defend itself - anyone got any other organic type tips that I can use to prevent further fungal infection in an outdoor grow? It is flowering - and maybe only a few weeks to go, so have to be careful. Will post a pic later ...

if you get rain alot where you are, thats why your probablys getting rot, make a canopy for them, something where the sun can get through but them not getting wet.

if you want to go down the indoor route, i could help you work out what you needed and the all important how much it would cost to run the electricity.

i grow northern lights every grow, i love them both for medical and just watching them grow, easy forgivable, they can still get bud rot.

iv grown green crack in a really humid tent and they never showed no signs of bud rot through out so that could be a strain for you to try.

Yep, I'll be looking into a better strain for next time. Although I'm tempted to work out an indoor set up now.

BTW - I've still got a Chaze Indica growing. The buds are not nearly as fat, but I don't want go get rot in them too. I've heard feeding with a tiny bit of milk helps the plant defend itself - anyone got any other organic type tips that I can use to prevent further fungal infection in an outdoor grow? It is flowering - and maybe only a few weeks to go, so have to be careful. Will post a pic later ...

Sativa is the best for heat, but even then the recommendation for temps tops out at 85. I will start mine a month or two later next year so hopefully cooler and less humid when buds are big...

Sativa is the best for heat, but even then the recommendation for temps tops out at 85. I will start mine a month or two later next year so hopefully cooler and less humid when buds are big...

Dunno why I said Indica - I meant Sativa - the Diesel that got bud rot was the Indica one!!

Anyway, pic of the Chaze below. Looks like she still has a while to go, but shes been flowering for five weeks now! I'm hoping no more than a couple more weeks or we'll be into full on autumn rain and cold here.

20170906_085729.jpg

I just watered her with some diluted milk, as I've heard thats good for defending against fungus. Still interested to hear any other tips on that topic.

Also, when I water, always go directly to soil. Never spray the plant itself with water as it is easier to get fungus

Thanks, yeah, I always go straight to soil. As you can see for the pic above, I water via osmosis using the wine bottle in a ceramic spike. It just means I only have to refill the bottle every few days.

BTW - here's the disappointing bud I got from the bud rot diesel:
20170906_085644.jpg

I did get some more scraps too, but this was all that could be hung. Huge stems - not sure how I can chop it up to have less stem and still be able to hang it.

Thanks, yeah, I always go straight to soil. As you can see for the pic above, I water via osmosis using the wine bottle in a ceramic spike. It just means I only have to refill the bottle every few days.

BTW - here's the disappointing bud I got from the bud rot diesel:
20170906_085644.jpg

I did get some more scraps too, but this was all that could be hung. Huge stems - not sure how I can chop it up to have less stem and still be able to hang it.

Looks good! Sorry you had to toss so much : ( how much ended up tossed from rot?

Looks good! Sorry you had to toss so much : ( how much ended up tossed from rot?
Probably about half. As I say there is quite a lot of scraps not pictured there, due to having to cut up actual buds. I'm trying to dry these between bits of kitchen roll.

Ah well. It's still a decent amount. We'll see what it becomes once dry.

At the end of the day, its two plants I planted in June (which I knew was too late really) as an experiment. In those terms I'm well happy! The Chaze looks lush right now. Fingers crossed on the weather and how long is left ...

Gonna start some in April next year, they should be flowering mid summer then. Maybe start some more in May too.

Am also tempted to set up a very small grow room in the shed (would be useful for preventing bud rot I reckon). I fancy experimenting with that over winter. :)

The bud I'm testing now from the budrot diesel is not that strong so far. Of course, its still drying, so we'll see - never gone through the drying process before.

Probably about half. As I say there is quite a lot of scraps not pictured there, due to having to cut up actual buds. I'm trying to dry these between bits of kitchen roll.

Ah well. It's still a decent amount. We'll see what it becomes once dry.

At the end of the day, its two plants I planted in June (which I knew was too late really) as an experiment. In those terms I'm well happy! The Chaze looks lush right now. Fingers crossed on the weather and how long is left ...

Gonna start some in April next year, they should be flowering mid summer then. Maybe start some more in May too.

Am also tempted to set up a very small grow room in the shed (would be useful for preventing bud rot I reckon). I fancy experimenting with that over winter. :)

The bud I'm testing now from the budrot diesel is not that strong so far. Of course, its still drying, so we'll see - never gone through the drying process before.

I've been reading that it doesn't get the smell until in jars for several months and strengthens then too. If it's in a hot space, don't over dry. Large stems bendy and small ones breaking. Then go to the jars.

Mine still smells like hay but I'm smoking it. Looking forward to seeing how it changes!

I've been reading that it doesn't get the smell until in jars for several months and strengthens then too. If it's in a hot space, don't over dry. Large stems bendy and small ones breaking. Then go to the jars.

Mine still smells like hay but I'm smoking it. Looking forward to seeing how it changes!

I've got some really large stems left on mine, so that's useful info - thanks.

I've got some of the bits off the stem pretty much dry already - they smell right too! Just smoked one (naughty - am at work!) and it tasted lush too. I'll cure what I can, but am def gonna keep smoking it in the meantime - lets face it all the stuff I've bought so far has never been cured! :D

I've got some really large stems left on mine, so that's useful info - thanks.

I've got some of the bits off the stem pretty much dry already - they smell right too! Just smoked one (naughty - am at work!) and it tasted lush too. I'll cure what I can, but am def gonna keep smoking it in the meantime - lets face it all the stuff I've bought so far has never been cured! :D

Definitely! I'm already smoking mine too! ..-.

Wait till its dry (snaps of stem) then jar them, open once a day for around 10-15 minites for 2-3 weeks and just forget about them aslong as the humidity inside of them are good, your okay!

I leave my buds in jars from 6-12 month and when it comes out is like such beauty, tastes nothing like when you first smoke it after drying out!

If you ever consider doing indoor growing, consider doing more than what your needing so then you can cure and forget and still have enough medical bud to last you to the next harvest, that way you can have a nice selection of strain all curing at the same time while not running out :thumb:

Back
Top Bottom