Help - 1st grow - Nearly ready for harvest - About to go on holiday!

How long until its ready for harvest?

• Within 2 days

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Within 3 days to two weeks

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • More than two weeks away

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
all i know on the method of water curing is if you have left chemicals in your bud i.e never flushed before harvesting.

my best method of harvesting is what i posted above earlier.

you should be okay, just dry them lightly with some kitchen roll or any paper roll not to thin.

I flush too. There was a comment above where the buds are soaked in water and the water is changed every day and then dried. Was gonna check that out. Maybe I read wrong .

all i know on the method of water curing is if you have left chemicals in your bud i.e never flushed before harvesting.

my best method of harvesting is what i posted above earlier.

you should be okay, just dry them lightly with some kitchen roll or any paper roll not to thin.

Closed the lids on my jars today .

Closed the lids on my jars today .

420-magazine-mobile1515045391.jpg

im still on opening my lids and im 2 month in, every day for 10 mins, looks like you had a nice harvest.

Sorry, mine just finished drying then had the lids off for a day or two. I'm months away now and will start burping. Here was my first tree. Just an experiment with bag seed. That was taken about 5 weeks ago. Took the other pics off my phone.
420-magazine-mobile285774842.jpg

* Long post alert! *

Ok, so I've brought the plant in, all prepared to rip out the rot and harvest what I can.

Thought I'd check with you lot first with some pics. All advice appreciated!

So ... first pic:

This is me pulling open a bit of bud at the point where the brown starts. Not sure I can see any grey powder - just brown.

20170905_195009.jpg

Then I found a bit of popcorn bud that has got some brown on it, and removed in intact. Here it is:

20170905_195118.jpg

20170905_195131.jpg

Here it is with the bit of brown removed:

20170905_195250.jpg

20170905_195323.jpg

Here's the two bits together (healthier bit is bigger):
Focus on the brown bit
20170905_195340.jpg

20170905_195519.jpg

20170905_195526.jpg

Focus on the healthy bit
20170905_195344.jpg

20170905_195513.jpg

The rest are me just pulling the bud apart more as we move away from the brown bit:
20170905_195449.jpg

20170905_195656.jpg

20170905_195704.jpg

20170905_195708.jpg

20170905_195712.jpg

Sorry about image quality - did my best in the brightest light I could!

I had same issue. My shed too hot and humid. I've read it should be about 70 degrees. I keep my house at 78 so was the closest I could get. I ended up using the closet in my bedroom. It only took about 3 days before I could jar. Smell wasn't too bad, more like cut grass.

I just started two OG Kush that am hoping by November December I can use the shed...

Try not to panic as you can remove any rot as you caught early.

I haven't heard of that water idea but will check it out.

I'm wondering if I can get a fan into the loft and do it up there. No other air circulation to speak of up there though. Not sure its right.

* Long post alert! *

Ok, so I've brought the plant in, all prepared to rip out the rot and harvest what I can.

Thought I'd check with you lot first with some pics. All advice appreciated!

So ... first pic:

This is me pulling open a bit of bud at the point where the brown starts. Not sure I can see any grey powder - just brown.

20170905_195009.jpg

Then I found a bit of popcorn bud that has got some brown on it, and removed in intact. Here it is:

20170905_195118.jpg

20170905_195131.jpg

Here it is with the bit of brown removed:

20170905_195250.jpg

20170905_195323.jpg

Here's the two bits together (healthier bit is bigger):
Focus on the brown bit
20170905_195340.jpg

20170905_195519.jpg

20170905_195526.jpg

Focus on the healthy bit
20170905_195344.jpg

20170905_195513.jpg

The rest are me just pulling the bud apart more as we move away from the brown bit:
20170905_195449.jpg

20170905_195656.jpg

20170905_195704.jpg

20170905_195708.jpg

20170905_195712.jpg

Sorry about image quality - did my best in the brightest light I could!

I just made sure I snipped it off and saved the rest. It is hard not to get some rot when it is hot and buds are thick and almost done.

I just made sure I snipped it off and saved the rest. It is hard not to get some rot when it is hot and buds are thick and almost done.

Good luck! I had no idea how much work it would be. Wear gloves and try not to touch the buds too much while cutting leaves so you can save trichs .

I think I'm going to try the same.

I assume there's no point in just cutting off the brown (and a bit more next to it) and seeing if the rest of the plant finishes?

I think I'm going to try the same.

I assume there's no point in just cutting off the brown (and a bit more next to it) and seeing if the rest of the plant finishes?

I have experience in flowers and veggies. Not as much in weed, BUT, I had very very small amount and picked it off and tried to see if trichs would darken for a few more days. Take a good look and use your gut...

if your going to use a fan, dont have it directed at your buds or you will destroy the quality of your bud when its drying.

are you not going to harvest now?

Dunno. Just about to try and cut out the brown stuff and then see where I am.

Of course, if it looks like I can't do that I'll cut it down.

Suspect this will be the case, as I can't think of a way of cutting the brown out without dropping spores everywhere. Assuming it is bud rot.

Often the first telltale sign of Botrytis is a single leaf protruding from the kola beginning to wither and dry out. Botrytis can be spotted by bending larger kola slightly to reveal the interior of the bud and stem. If your buds are infected you will see either a gray, white, or blue-green mold with hairs growing on the inside of the bud. In wet and humid conditions this will turn the bud to slime. In dryer climates the affects of botrytis appear brown or rust colored and will crumple when touched.

Botrytis can also attack leaves, stems, and seedlings causing damping off. It should be noted that even dried and stored marijuana is not safe from botrytis and should be inspected regularly. If an outbreak is left unchecked, botrytis can spread to all of your plants and entirely destroy your garden in as little as a week
(Marijuana Growers HQ – Preventing and Treating Bud Rot – Botrytis)

If I've got it, it surely looks like the drier conditions one - rust coloured, and it does seem a bit crumply.

I wonder if I can pull it out and the section around it and see if more appears.

Here's some instruction:

Treatment

Once an outbreak of Botrytis is discovered it is imperative that you take action immediately. If the conditions are right, an outbreak can spread and wipe out an entire garden of buds in a matter of days. Sterilize your pruning shears in alcohol and cut the bud at least one inch below the affected area. You must be very gentle while removing the bud to prevent spreading the spores. Make sure not to let the bud, your hands or the shears touch any other buds until they have been sterilized.

Once every kola has been inspected, and the damaged areas are removed, drop the humidity in the room as low as possible and make sure the temperature does not fall below 70 degrees. If the humidity can be maintained below 50%, continue to treat with biological foliar sprays all the way until harvest. If the outbreak is already widespread, consider cutting your losses and harvesting the garden early.

Gotta be worth a try ...

Its kind of like fruit or vegetables going bad... just harvest and save what you can. It is a beautiful grow and bud is awesome. Just hang in there and dry/cure correctly. Mine just dried and is great smoke and I had to harvest early too. I just got into cure stage and know in a few months will be even better! Good luck

Its kind of like fruit or vegetables going bad... just harvest and save what you can. It is a beautiful grow and bud is awesome. Just hang in there and dry/cure correctly. Mine just dried and is great smoke and I had to harvest early too. I just got into cure stage and know in a few months will be even better! Good luck

Also, if I remember correctly, you are in a hot climate too, so you still did better than most that have in ideal climates!!! .hats off -.

So - after all the bravado of my intentions. I just harvested it!!

There seemed to be more brown than I expected, and I just wanted to get as much as I could of real bud drying, so I've cut it all from below at least an inch, taken the healthy bits and hung them, chucked the worst bits, and anything left over that looks ok put aside to dry and puff on to test.

Fingers crossed!

in all honesty i wouldnt use a fan at all, you could have a chance of spreading the spors by the fan.

Thanks. For now I'm having to use the garage. Not much of a breeze in there and sometimes gets damp. I've set up a fan but it's pointing away to the side of where I've hung the bud.

I can't keep it there though anyway. Suspect it'll have to be the loft which gets no air circulation. I've got kids in the house and there's not really any cupboard space to hang it in.

Have to confess I was hoping to have a bit more time to get organised for drying!

Back
Top Bottom