Help - 1st grow - Nearly ready for harvest - About to go on holiday!

How long until its ready for harvest?

• Within 2 days

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Within 3 days to two weeks

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • More than two weeks away

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Thanks. Having had a closer look I agree - still looks only milky.

I'm astonished at the number of dead leaves - I thought the plant'd need some!

Although maybe it is related to - a few worrying patches of brown in the bud that have come to my attention now, not sure if something's been eating it or they got dried out while I was gone ...

Any advice gratefully received. :)

Pics:
20170905_014500.jpg

20170905_014454.jpg

20170905_013740.jpg

20170905_013718.jpg

20170905_013714.jpg

20170905_013641.jpg

20170905_013632.jpg
Those brown patches look like bud rot to me. I'd harvest now and cut out any parts like that or it could get a lot worse and you could lose all of it.

I also did wonder if it dried out. I also had a few parts of my buds that browned out and I pulled off the bad parts. You can pull those sugar leaves down and off the plant. You are so close and it is a beauty!

Thanks. Getting close now. I'm posting a few more pics of the brown areas below, I'd be very grateful if you'd take a look, as I'm concerned about bud rot. The poster below you mentions it looks like that. If some of yours looked the same, I'd love to hear more about it. I assume it didn't cause problems when you dried it out?

Thanks again.

Chop it down, remove brown buds and keep them separate.be sure you have no bugs on your plant and if you dl water cure your buds

I'm just posting some more pics of the brown bits. Would you mind taking a look and confirming if you think it is bud rot.

I can't see any bugs - well, there was a spider, but assume that is OK.

I've been away for two weeks so these have appeared whilst I was gone. Gonna harvest tonight and do as you suggest if there is confirmation of bud rot. :(

OK - so here are my pics from this morning of the overall plant and the brown patches.

Really worried about bud rot now, so will harvest tonight if you all confirm its likely.

Will have a look into "water cure" as I have no idea what that is.

Please anyone reading - have a look at the whole thread and tell me your thoughts. Any advice gratefully received. Utter noob here. This is my first plant ever and will be my first harvest / drying / curing ever!

20170905_091813.jpg

20170905_091517.jpg

20170905_091456.jpg

20170905_091445.jpg

20170905_091224.jpg

20170905_091209.jpg

that is bud rot, i would take all the brown bud of and get rid of it before the spores end up attacking your whole plant.

Thanks. For sure?

:(

Oh well. I shall harvest this evening when I get home from work then.

Assume the best plan is to cut out the brown its before hanging. Will have a look into further instructions.

first thing you want to do is if any bud has got brown on it just throw it in the bin, even if there is a tiny bit on your biggest bud just chuck the hole bud.

the last thing you want is to get them spores on your lungs!

i would trim as neatly and tightly as you can (saves dry trimming) while she is still in the pot, hang every branch separate.

if you were to trim then put them on a drying rack i put my buds in piles of 100g then start curing them at around 25-30g when there about dry, curing will take the last 5-10g out of them, iv tried this way twice now and got the same result after i open cured bud.

if you get stuck ill be here to help you.

Thanks. For sure?

:(

Oh well. I shall harvest this evening when I get home from work then.

Assume the best plan is to cut out the brown its before hanging. Will have a look into further instructions.
Yeah pretty sure it is BM from the pics. It sucks but its not the end of the world, and you can make bubble hash with it I believe. As far as I know you need to cut out all the brown parts (cut a little extra to be safe) then get it drying and just pay close attention as it dries. Make 100% sure its dry before starting to cure.

Thanks everyone.

Reading up on dealing with it now.

I'll harvest as soon as I get home. Hope my removing leaves earlier hasn't spread the spores! :(

Ah well. Nothing I can do about it now.

Don't want it to spread to my other plant too - very healthy looking sativa Chaze plant, with several weeks to go.

i would not make anything with them buds that have rot, learn from your mistakes and just chuck them.

nice grow by the way.
Thanks! Just wish I'd not got the rot!

I'll harvest and ditch anything with signs of grey mould. Might turn out to be all of it. Won't know till later.

Fingers crossed.

dont worry i get mabys 1oz of bud rot for every 50oz i grow.

spread the bud lightly when you harvest and if its furry inside its more than likely rot, but post pics and we can all help you out.

Thanks. Getting close now. I'm posting a few more pics of the brown areas below, I'd be very grateful if you'd take a look, as I'm concerned about bud rot. The poster below you mentions it looks like that. If some of yours looked the same, I'd love to hear more about it. I assume it didn't cause problems when you dried it out?

Thanks again.

I caught it fast enough, had 3 spots on whole plant. I harvested. It is so hot where I live my trichs were still milky too... smoke still works pretty good!

I caught it fast enough, had 3 spots on whole plant. I harvested. It is so hot where I live my trichs were still milky too... smoke still works pretty good!

I'm about to head home from work, but its been raining the last couple of hours, so I'm going home to damp plants.

Not ideal. :(

Humidity here is very high. I was already going to have to try and dry these outdoors in shed / garage. Think I may have to change that idea now.

I'm about to head home from work, but its been raining the last couple of hours, so I'm going home to damp plants.

Humidity here is very high. I was already going to have to try and dry these outdoors in shed / garage. Think I may have to change that idea now.

I had same issue. My shed too hot and humid. I've read it should be about 70 degrees. I keep my house at 78 so was the closest I could get. I ended up using the closet in my bedroom. It only took about 3 days before I could jar. Smell wasn't too bad, more like cut grass.

I just started two OG Kush that am hoping by November December I can use the shed...

Try not to panic as you can remove any rot as you caught early.

I haven't heard of that water idea but will check it out.

all i know on the method of water curing is if you have left chemicals in your bud i.e never flushed before harvesting.

my best method of harvesting is what i posted above earlier.

you should be okay, just dry them lightly with some kitchen roll or any paper roll not to thin.

How about a fan to circulate air?

Back
Top Bottom