Help! Am i ready to harvest? 8 week flowering strain

topcropper12

420 Member
Hello guys.

This is my 3rd grow but my first using a photoperiod.

I have TH critical HOG. 5 girls and very close to being done.

I'm just wondering when to harvest and a good way to.

I normally count back the weeks in harvest, but I totally forgot when i put these girls in flower. I have a rough guess and these girls are week 7/8. This strain needs 55 days. But I'm not to sure if these girls are ready. But these have had least 7 weeks harvest.

So people what do u think is this ready for a flush??

Thank you very muchh

IMG-20190520-WA0005.jpg

Attachments

• IMG-20190520-WA0004.jpg
    IMG-20190520-WA0004.jpg
    418.2 KB · Views: 276
  • IMG-20190520-WA0007.jpg
    IMG-20190520-WA0007.jpg
    485.5 KB · Views: 263
Looks like you have a ways to go yet. You still have a lot of white hairs. Although that can be a strain specific thing. What do your tricomes look like?
What I was thinking, still very white some do have amber on them. I haven't checked the tricomes don't have the tool's for that at the minute.

Never delt with a critical before. Does say it takes 8 weeks an a few grow journals I have seen a lot do have white hairs so maybe it is a strain thing???

Could be. The other thing to keep in mind is that the flowering time from breeders is usually an estimate. I personally find I usually add a week to two. I've even gone 4 weeks past that once. In their environment they may get 8 weeks in yours it most likely differs.

I’d still guess your 3-4 weeks. Pistols look pretty white and are still sticking straight out. A look at the trichomes is “Critical” haha!

When my OG Kush I just finished looked like that. The pistils starting going orange and curling in about a week or so after. Then everything swelled until the end. Although I got a new burst of fresh pistils right at the end!

Could be. The other thing to keep in mind is that the flowering time from breeders is usually an estimate. I personally find I usually add a week to two. I've even gone 4 weeks past that once. In their environment they may get 8 weeks in hours it most likely differs.
What is the best thing I should do. Was looking to have them done for the end of the month. Need my medicine haha but I want decent results.

If I start my flush now and get them done by the end of the month will i regret it

I’d still guess your 3-4 weeks. Pistols look pretty white and are still sticking straight out. A look at the trichomes is “Critical” haha!

When my OG Kush I just finished looked like that. The pistils starting going orange and curling in about a week or so after. Then everything swelled until the end. Although I got a new burst of fresh pistils right at the end!
Got this strain so I could have it done quick haha. What's the best thing I should do you think

Hello guys.

This is my 3rd grow but my first using a photoperiod.

I have TH critical HOG. 5 girls and very close to being done.

I'm just wondering when to harvest and a good way to.

I normally count back the weeks in harvest, but I totally forgot when i put these girls in flower. I have a rough guess and these girls are week 7/8. This strain needs 55 days. But I'm not to sure if these girls are ready. But these have had least 7 weeks harvest.

So people what do u think is this ready for a flush??

Thank you very muchh

IMG-20190520-WA0005.jpg
Dont believe what the breeder says! Trichomes are the only way. You still ha e a ways to go. Id guess 4 wks

I would assess trichomes and go that way. I only look at the pistils and a few other things to help determine it’s time to watch trichomes.

I would definitely not go early. Not only will you effect the quality of the medicine. But you’ll hurt your yield. Patience is key at this point. Even though it sucks waiting. And if being used as pain management. I think you’ll want to end up on the more amber side of scale on your trichomes, as opposed to clear and milky.

When mine finished, I did confirm based on trichomes. But I just knew it was done. Just to look at it. Everything about it screamed it was finished.

For me, my patience got me from this similar bud, to these beautiful ones. 4 weeks was the time gap between the two pics!

Attachments

• BD4F1775-AC64-4467-8232-CD8D175FF126.jpeg
    BD4F1775-AC64-4467-8232-CD8D175FF126.jpeg
    704.2 KB · Views: 342
  • 5A368877-2CA9-4838-ABDF-7259F6F148AC.jpeg
    5A368877-2CA9-4838-ABDF-7259F6F148AC.jpeg
    439.4 KB · Views: 291
I'd wait , looks like 3weeks easy

Try a pho e magnifying app, I use Cozy Mag, free, works great to get real close pics of trics

And don't look at sugar leaves for trics they degrade to fast, look at actual buds

From cozy mag app
CM190428-093318005.jpg

Back
Top Bottom