Red leaves: why?

Ahh, thank you for that @Emilya ! I'll have a look online for what you're recommending, but if I'm not able to get it, I'll visit my local hydro store. I know they have all the products there. I can grow more, I have plenty of seeds so it wouldn't be such a waste. Reading what you've written about the ph is all very new to me and it does make more sense when you explain it like that. I'm looking forward to when I need to feed her next! She's sitting in the same seed raising mix with perlite in the 8L pot, with the coco on top and in one corner. With soil, I'm not sure which one is good to use here in Australia so I figured that by using a seed raising mix, it shouldn't be a hot soil that everyone says to avoid. So now I'm assuming that it's NOT a good soil to be using for this stage of growth? I do have an organic soil I can use but on a different house plant, all these little flies were coming out of it and even mushrooms were growing. I was a bit grossed out by it and don't want to use it for the risk of those tiny flies appearing again.

I'll test the ph water before feeding with proper nutes next time, and adjust if need be. Should I then just sit and wait to see what happens? I've just checked on the plant and she's growing quite fast still. I've included pics just in case you can spot something new.
That purple on the leaves is a genetic trait showed early on then will fade and reappear late in flower.

That purple on the leaves is a genetic trait showed early on then will fade and reappear late in flower.
I am thinking that this has to be correct... the plant looks fairly healthy other than the odd color in the new growth

Berry-D'licious No AACT Organic - Grow Journal
Pineapple Chunk Mega Crop Test - Grow Journal

@BeanTownFan420 From what I've read, Northern Lights don't go purple? I haven't seen other NL that have the same colouring as this one does. But then again, mine has fat leaves and a lot of other NL I've seen seem to have the skinnier sativa leaves. Hmmm! I wonder what it is I'm actually growing now.

Back
Top Bottom