ripped off by a mover who saw me smoke!

topdeeni

heres one for ya...

I just moved from MA to ME, a very nivcely decrimmed state. One of the movers saw me smoking a bone in my back tard (they actaully smoked some with me) and then obviously told thier boss. The owner used the opportunity as his ace card to bill me for 12 extra hours at $220.00 an hour.....

I diputed the charge with my bank, emailed him and complained. His IMMEDIATE repsonse was "to bad pal I think your a drug dealer."; which could not B farther from the truth... yeah I smoke laike a staten island trash incinerator but the other is NOT my thing.

This due already pulled his ace card and I didnt flinch, I have no reason to as I am well within the confines of state legality. Instead I have insisted on detailed billing information (which he has not yet provided to me... fancy that!)...

Do I care that I smoke? NOPE! I have contacted the BBB, FTC (they habdle interstate stuff) and the attorney general of his state regarding his practices and have forwarded all of his emails to the lawyer who handles my realestate and family matters.

I am interested to hear what people think of this, other than don;t let em see you smoke which I will NEVER perscribee to.. .it's my choice!

I guess take this as a twisted tpye of warning to look out for people who are very hypocritical.. did I mention his crew told me he is a hopeless painkiller junkie?

I'd also like to hear some input on how people here may handle this situation, other than what I have already done.

& yes I did forward this to my attorney to explore the legalities of accusing me of being involved in active commerce....

Peas:Rasta:

No one can prove you're a drug dealer. Just say they were lying. If he says his workers smoked with you, I think he'd be in more trouble for letting his employees get high at work, than you for getting stoned. Let your lawyer take care of it as professionally as he/she can. You don't want to get into a he said, she said small claims suit. He ripped you off, I don't see how you couldn't get your money back.

I dont think you have anything to worry about. First off, the witnesses were smoking with you, so that goes for whatever story they have. So if there is no evidence of you selling drugs then how could you be convicted. Pretty lame that he even tried to pull that. I wish you the best in your new location. Stay hi. :joint:

Let me get this straight... a written bill for services rendered was NEVER presented to you in any amount?

If not, case closed. You win. :peace:

Yeh~~You'll get your money back~~no
way can that dude prove the weed his
workers smoked was yours~~By the
way~~bein stoned as they was~~
they would be the ones in trouble
if they damaged any of your property~~
Their boss is a real loser~~
PEACE OUT~~

Once a product or service has been provided to you, so should a written bill of sale. This should outline the products or services that are to be purchased, the cost of those goods or services, any taxes or other fees that apply, and a final total. The invoice should be dated with the date the products or services were provided.

As the customer, you should then inspect all products and services to make sure the business has fullfilled their obligations. Once (and if) you are satisfied, you should make payment with either a personal check in that amount or authorize your credit card be billed for that amount. Both checks and credit cards have consumer support and ways you can get your money back if you get screwed by the business. NEVER pay in cash. The invoice should then be marked "Paid in full" denoting the method of payment, then signed and dated. A reciept for your records showing payment in full should also be issued to you once the transaction is complete.

These are normal "by the book" business practices and this almost attains the level of common sense. Although, common sense isn't so common any more. :peace:

Back
Top Bottom