Rookie Indoor Medical Grow - 400 Watt HPS - Blue Dream - OG Kush - White Widow

KilmoreTrout

How's it going everybody, hoping to learn a lot.

Basically, I'm a medical patient.
I'm allowed 12 plants.
This is my first attempt at an indoor grow, for winter.
I'd like to have a few mothers to keep going and grow clones for my bud.
I have 6 seeds that were all mixed together, but they're all "supposed" to be feminized.
I'd like to do everything Organic.
I have a small 150 watt light that I'm starting my seeds in. I ordered a 400 watt HPS/MH combo that I will use too once they get going.

IMG_365416.jpg

Day 3 under the light. I've had it on 24/7 so far but will probably switch to 18/6 to save some energy costs after they get going.

There's nothing in the big cloth container, I just wanted to show what I will be moving the ladies into after they get their root system.

I realized after reading a little that I've already made a mistake by not germinating my seeds instead of direct sowing. This is probably why 2 of the seeds might not be making it.

IMG_365211.jpg

I bought these seeds last spring when I got my card and grew them outside which went very well. Unfortunately, I wasn't thinking ahead and mixed the remaining seeds together. The strains I bought were blue dream, og kush, and white widow, and they should all be feminized.

IMG_365810.jpg
IMG_365612.jpg

Last night they were barely breaking the surface, then I woke up and they looked like this.

IMG_365714.jpg
IMG_36558.jpg

Two of the seeds have not sprouted yet, and may not, but as long as I can get a couple mothers going, I'm not too worried about it, but lesson learned regardless.

Anyways, I'll keep you guys posted, wish me luck.

Thanks, KilmoreTrout

KilMoreTrout, Welcome to the :420: grow room my friend. As it is recommended to germ seeds by the 24 hr water bath then to a damp paper towel.. I wouldnt worry about that now. You have sprouts! Pop a cap full of water on them ones that didnt sprout and put a clear plastic cup over them for a few days. If they dont take i think 4 plants is still a great start. Anyhow, I like the seed selection ya got. Should provide you with ample meds in the months to come. Keep em growin! See ya soon. :thumb:

Thank you so much for the positivity. I'll be getting those plastic cups on today. Thank you kindly for the advice, it's exactly why I'm here.

Thats what we are here for my friend. A community willing to share help, tips and tricks. Everything you will ever need to know about successfully cultivating your own meds can be found here. :thumb:

Alright everybody sorry about the lag in posts, been a crazy week at work.

Everything is looking great, and I found an auto lemon haze seed in my fridge so I planted her for hopefully my 7th plant of 12 allowed.
IMG_36787.jpg

Here is the autoflower after 3 days.

IMG_366812.jpg

Here are the babes at 5 days. The other starter pots are various herbs and veggies for the spring. It's getting to be that time of year.

I followed Logger's advice and cut the bottoms off of some water bottles and put them over my seeds that weren't sprouting.

IMG_36775.jpg

It worked wonderfully and after almost 5 days of nothing, the final 2 seeds broke the surface.

IMG_36816.jpg

Not sure how, but one of the seeds ended up along the edge of the container, but she sprouted so I'm not complaining.

IMG_366710.jpg

The sixth and final seed of my original 6 is still struggling. Not sure why, but she's missing a leaf. Don't know if they can recover at such an early stage?

Anyways, Im happy about getting through with the stage that scared me the most, and I have received my 400 watt light finally so I will post some pics when I get the girls into their own space with a light that can really let them thrive.

IMG_36847.jpg

Think Happy Thoughts.

Hope all is well in your world.

Is this grow still alive?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read our Photo Gallery Tutorial.

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom