Rookie mistakes

My most rookie mistake.... getting high and then thinking I'm clever..
I took what I thought was a nest of praying mantis eggs from a pot on my deck.
Placed that egg nest item in my indoor veg grow area with all my breeding stock.
Yeah it turns out I moved a whole generation of scale insects right to the buffet...
Don't think you know shit about shit when you are high. Write down your clever idea and read it when you are down...almost always a dumb idea. Thats my lesson learnt. I must mention this happened after 22 years of growing. Gotta laugh and shake it off.
Have a goodie

Placed that egg nest item in my indoor veg grow area with all my breeding stock.
Yeah it turns out I moved a whole generation of scale insects right to the buffet...
Don't think you know shit about shit when you are high. Write down your clever idea and read it when you are down...almost always a dumb idea. Thats my lesson learnt. I must mention this happened after 22 years of growing. Gotta laugh and shake it off.
Have a goodie
😂. I’ll shake it off. I have a plan. Just need to be proactive and git r done bwoi

This is a great thread. Most of us have made mistakes mentioned. Had a laugh reading some responses.
The only one I have not made is talking about it to anyone I don't trust completely. Even though it's legal now and I am not breaking any laws, in the past you would get arrested for even carrying a little.
Loose lips sink ships indeed

The problem with letting your pots sit in a tray of water is because those holes in the bottoms of the pots also provide oxygen to the roots. Can't get any oxygen sitting in a pool of water. It can also cause Root Rot, leading to Bud Rot. There are self watering pots (SIP's) that have trays / Reservoirs of water under the pot, but they also have an Air Gap between the Water & the Soil. I'm not saying your plants are overwatered as I'm not seeing the droop. I see Heat Stress by the leaves starting to Taco.

Have a goodie
Yeah this. For me its rum in the evening makes me think of genius ideas. Write it down on a bit of paper and get back to it after a sleep.

This is a great thread. Most of us have made mistakes mentioned. Had a laugh reading some responses.
The only one I have not made is talking about it to anyone I don't trust completely. Even though it's legal now and I am not breaking any laws, in the past you would get arrested for even carrying a little.
Loose lips sink sh
The problem with letting your pots sit in a tray of water is because those holes in the bottoms of the pots also provide oxygen to the roots. Can't get any oxygen sitting in a pool of water. It can also cause Root Rot, leading to Bud Rot. There are self watering pots (SIP's) that have trays / Reservoirs of water under the pot, but they also have an Air Gap between the Water & the Soil. I'm not saying your plants are overwatered as I'm not seeing the droop. I see Heat Stress by the leaves starting to Taco.
It’s a lot more than the light being too close. It’s a Gaia green 4-4-4 blend that I carefully measured…first time for everything i suppose. I also haven’t quite figured out where to grow properly where I live yet. I started with a tent but I needed another area for vegging and also need to grow some of my own food. I Only have a little 2x4 closet with my old equinox 1000 light in there😭. And of course it just fits like everything i have🥵. I
Could always wash the roots and change the soil too😎

I’m not sure what happened. I mixed sterilized, dampened soil with a proper ratio of 4-4-4 gaia green, aged manure, “washed sand”, coco coir and a top dress of hemp fibres. I generally watered using the dechlorinated tap water compost tea I brew along with distilled in a timely manner. I kept my light at the same level I usually do but it may have been a little close to the plants. I started losing track of things after I lost someone close to me in October…

I’m not sure what happened. I mixed sterilized, dampened soil with a proper ratio of 4-4-4 gaia green, aged manure, “washed sand”, coco coir and a top dress of hemp fibres. I generally watered using the dechlorinated tap water compost tea I brew along with distilled in a timely manner. I kept my light at the same level I usually do but it may have been a little close to the plants. I started losing track of things after I lost someone close to me in October…
I know the feeling all too well. My wife is in pretty bad shape. We don't expect her to live more than another 6 months at best. It's messing with my head a lot.

Back
Top Bottom