Room Temp problem

weediologist

Hey
i just put in my new 400 watt MH in my grow closet and the temp has raised to 103 F and i have a exhaust pulling 250 CFM, its place near the light and have a fan blowing into the closet to cool, but i think i may add a better fan and my put a some portable fan inside the grow closet...my closet is 65 inches tall, 15 inches in width and 29 iches in length....i know its very small, so in feet the floor space is 1' 3" X 2' 7". any help.....? i want it at least 88 F to be the highest. so i hope you can help????

I have a similar grow space a little larger but not by much and the same size light. So I understand what your going through what I did was plug a strong flourescent in direct and only used my MH at night when the outside temp. cools down but it only works because it's winter right now in the summer there's just no way without an a/c or something so if you can switch out that light for something smaller like carp said you'd be better off

OMG that's a lotta watts for a smmmaalllll space... that's probably your main problem right there... if i may suggest compact fluoros... I'd say... 4 42w cfls and a 70/50w mh/hps... that'd bring your heat down a lot with those fans... and then you could keep the lights a bit closer...

well i had a 175 watt MH on it before but it was growing too dam slow..everythings is perfect meaning soil, nutes, watering...its only 11inches tall and is on its 7ths week(1 month and 3 weeks old) i used Baggie seeds is that way its growing slow.

how many nodes is it?

roomtemp.JPG

HERE IS A SKETCH OF MY GROW ROOM,, I HAVE REDUCED THE TEMPERTURE TO 94 F WHEN LIGHTS ON AND 70-75 LIGHTS OFF. SO I MAY ADD ANOTHER SMALL DESK FAN INSIDE THE ROOM TO COOL IT DOWN LITTLE MORE 5 DEGREES LESS IS STILL GOOD. OTHER THEN THAT I HAVE SEEN THAT MY PLANTS IS GROWN ABOUT 1 INCH TALL EVERY 2 DAYS SINCE I PUT THEM LIGHTS IN THE CLOSET ITS GROWING FAST NOW, I HAVE CLIPPED A LEAF AND DIPPED INTO SOME ROOT HORMONE STUFF FOR A FEW MINUTES AND THEN PUT IN A LITTLE SOLO CUP WITH SOIL AND WATERED IT JUST A LITTLE TO MOIST THE SOIL AND ILL SEE IF THAT CLONE WILL SURVIVE FOR A WEEK AND THEN ILL PUT IT UNDER FLOWERING TO SEE IF ITS A MALE OR FEMALE...I HAVE NEVER CLONED AND THIS IS MY FRIST TRY...I CUT THE STEM THAT LINKS TO THE LEAF AT A 45 DEGREE ANGLE AND THE SISSORS WHERE DESINFECTED BEFORE USE TO PREVENT ANY GERMS/DISEASES/ VIRUS. TELL ME WHAT YOU THINK... HOW TALL DOES MY PLANT HAVE TO BE IN ORDER TO FLOWER IT???:cool:

Hey i want to set up a hydro but i kind of know how to build on but i saw your grow with the simple set up could you share your set-up

IF FACT NEW INFO MY GROW ROOM TEMP TODAY IS 85F SO THATS GOOD AND THE CLONE DOES NOT LOOK GOOD I MAY HAVE USED TOO MUCH ROOT STIMULATOR ON IT AND IT WAS CONCENTRATED OOPS ILL SEE IF IT DOES GOOD ILL POST PICTURES.... MY GROW JORNAL IS HERE CLICK ON THIS -->Help First Time Grower

Here are some picture taken last week when they where on there last week of the vege cyce using a 400 watt MH, now they are on flowering on a 400 watt HPS:

roomtemp1.JPG

This plants is about 15 inches today and 2 days in flowering.

roomtemp2.JPG

Shoot of both on last week of Vege cycle

roomtemp3.JPG

Closer shot

roomtemp4.JPG

Smaller plant

Ill have more pictures up in a day or so.... temperture is 86F and is about only 8 inches away from the light.

How did this end up working for you ? I am starting a show in a small space as well and was worried about the heat. I will be running 400 HPS in a 2x3x6 area. Looking to do an ebb/flow system ... hoping it wont get too humide and hot. Initially I thought of going with a 105 CFM Exhaust (computer Fan) , but now I;'m thinking of getting twice that, just in case. I have a fresh air intake as well that will be coming from another room (with which I was going to use a 105 CFM fan), and supplying air from the ground up ... i liked your little drawing there .. although one question : Are you really drawing fresh air from the top of the room ?? Cause if you are, that could be a reason why it;s so bloody hot.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

am good my plant is doing great its about 85F in my room but the plant loves it i has some browning on leaves but only like 2-45 leaves show little heat stress but ever thing is good.

i jsut growing this for one grow after this ill be growing in a open room with a flowering room and a vege so i ll have a awesome setup.

Back
Top Bottom