roots at top of 5 gal pot

Hmmm. Well, if you're worried about the light exposure I suppose you could put some dark cloth covering the surface- something fairly porous. My roots gets that way from watering too enthusiastically and I've never given it too much thought. Sometimes I cover them but usually I don't bother. I'm sort of thinking about it now though- but... I've never had problems that I know of. I assume the thick upper parts of the roots carry water and the main action is down in the finer hairs at the ends. A lot of plants look that way in nature. I think they sort themselves out on their own and grow away from the light as needed.
I'll check your journal when I get time. I've got pineapple chunk growing and some mama thai sativa as well.

Like Weaselcracker said, there shouldn't be any problem. It happens to me everytime and the roots stop expanding when they reach the light. Wherever there is a space in wet and dark conditions, they will take over it :)

If you look close to the picture, you'll see white hairs looking out the coco/perlitte mix. -This are roots

20150217_172528.jpg

No problem. Everything is ok :D

:Namaste:

I've never really covered them, with no side effects till now. Maybe it wouldn't hurt, but it's nature like that roots stops growing when they hit the light.

Safeman, it's true that he could increase yields by switching to 10gallon pots, but 2x 5 gallon pots gets you a way faster to your harvest with higher yield than 1x 10 gallon pot. But yes definitely 1x 10 gallon pot delivers you higher yield than 1x 5 gallon pot. - my opinion

Wouldn't hurt.

I'm using 11l pots (2,9 gallon) and yes they work fine.
The thing is that my statement is completly logical. You have to veg. much longer having 1 plant in 10 gallon pot than having 2 plants in 5 gallon pots to cover your enlighted surface. The rest is the same :)

Well when growing in 5 gallon one can plant two different strain but as in a 10 gallon only one strain - depending on your grow space. One can fit more 5 gallon than 10 gallon in any space. I agree

Back
Top Bottom