roots melting in hydro

thegreengrocr

So this is my first grow with a hydro and organics. Been using General Hydroponics Flora series till now. Switched to the General Organics line at the beginning of this grow.

A few days ago I noticed a slime like brown coating on the roots. They were just melting away. Lost 2 of 6 so far. In water only right now.

HELP!!!

Strain - Cookies ( OG Kush and Durban poison, no cherry pie)
# of Plants - 6/5/4 left
Grow Type - EcoGrower drip system
Grow Stage - week 5 of veg
Setup - Ebb & Flow
Light - 250 Watt HPS/HID
Nutrients - General Organics
Medium - Little clay balls (sorry)
Room Temperature -76 to 82
Solution Temperature -70 to 72
Room Square Footage - 7
Pests - None Known

I think that is it. The pictures I looked at on line are 100% mine. And they were just perfect then in 12 hours it looked like the man came in and chopped it down, wilted to the bone. Now for the peroxide treatment. How strong do I mix it? How long do I leave it in?

I think this grow is going to be a total loss. Pythium is not something I have encountered before but I think it's too late. All but 1 plant has visible damage. 2 are extensive.

I can't believe how fast the second one dropped. Completely wilted in 12 hours. Was the best one I had. It's a goner

Any thoughts???.

Update:

Added in Hygrozyme. Started the first day at 8 Ml per gallon, then added up to 12 for 2 days then 2 days at the 15ml max. Changing fluid tonight. I also went back to FloraNova from the General Organics line. I have history with this and feel more comfortable.

Plants look great. Will add pictures later. The forums had all the answers.

Thanks

IMG_20140227_180346_764.jpg
IMG_20140304_222849_876.jpg

good job handling the pith! So you only used the hygrozyme huh? H2O2 is pretty commonly used to treat an outbreak, but the HZ will work better for maintenance. I use that stuff. Spendy, but it seems to work. I'm an ebb&flow guy too, and I highly recommend Dutch Master's Zone. This creates a "sterile" res. If you want to run a "tea", it may be incompatible.

Back
Top Bottom