Rosin from leaves?

SammyJankis

Can I gather leaves from my growing plants, dry them, cruch them, pollenpress them and make rosin? I am all out of buds and plants are just in the beginning of flower! 😅

, Welcome to the forum! In regards to your question, I think you'll need a LOT of leaves, there's only about .5% to 2% THC in the fan leaves, and few trichomes, so it may or may not work. Rosin, for the most part, is made from hash, kief, trim, or buds, not fan leaves. I don't think you'll be very happy with the final product.

Just smoke them as you would bud.

We used to do that in the 70's and 80's... and most likely prior.

Yes, dealers would sell bags of leaf... and it got you stoned too.

j

Just smoke them as you would bud.

We used to do that in the 70's and 80's... and most likely prior.

Yes, dealers would sell bags of leaf... and it got you stoned too.

j
Even with low tolerance and smoked so much leaf I didn't feel anything other than nausea from too much smoke! 😅 rosin was also a fail!

Did you cure the leaves, just like you do bud?

My friends have got stoned from some of my leaf.

j
I didn't cure. But I just think the THC level is just too low, pressed a bunch of leaves and got no oil.. sure you didn't smoke trim with trichomes and not just fan leaves!?

I used to smoke a few leaves way back in the day. In veg mode the growing tips are the most potent part of the plant but you have to top your plant to get them. I would start like 24 plants so topping a couple was no big deal. I used to dry them in the microwave in a jiffy . Not exactly fine tasting top shelf but it got me a buzz in dry times. Come to think of it, back then I'd smoke pretty much anything you set in front of me, lol!

sure you didn't smoke trim with trichomes and not just fan leaves!?

It was sold as leaf and all you got was leaf.

In veg mode the growing tips are the most potent part of the plant

Yep, dealers would also sell 'leaf and tip' and it'd be more expensive that leaf.

tips are the most potent part of the plant but you have to top your plant to get them

Yes if you want more tip. A naturally growing plant still has tip at the growing end of each branch.

You could also buy just tips and they called it 'kif' but I think that was an Aus. slang thing or a misunderstanding that caught on; it definitely wasn't kief they were referring to.

j

I never met anybody selling leaf and tips here in the states. Back in the 70's here it was "Mexican dirt weed". Nasty stuff that was packed into a kilo block with a hydraulic press and they would pour coca cola on the weed to make it stick together in the kilo. Then late in the decade the DEA started using paraquat in Mexico. That's when I said F it and started growing my own and then Columbian weed started showing up on the street. Some of that was really tasty. Grew some nice plants from it too.

Back
Top Bottom