Rosin tech info

candiman

Here pic my second test doing Rosin tech. It with sour diesel mixed with blue dream, 10 grams at 170 F , 3 tons pressure for 30 seconds using just small bud at bottom of plant and dried for 2 days only.

My question is I seen a lot Rosin pic and seen some golden honey look almost transparent, mine looks like peanut brittle look in color. So the color I getting is that because maybe to much moisture still in the plant and water getting mixed into with the terps? that pic was taken right after the press, so would color change maybe if left out to dry still gooey, hoping after it fries it get more shatter like. But looking for that transparency honey look I seen. I thinking the water in the bud that changing the color. My first test was 190F at 60 second under 3 tons pressure but nugs where 1 day dried only and came out little darker but same basic color slightly darker. that why thinking water inside the buds doing this. like get opinion on others on this.

20170321_132253.jpg

Need to cure the bud longer. You can pretty much run kief straight away, but the bud needs to be properly dried. I run at 235 for 60 seconds and get nice golden shatter.

Sent from my Pixel XL using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Thanks. ok I dry it out to the point it can be smoke, my next test was going be day 3 but I wait til it cured. Thought the moisture was changing the looks. So at those high temp 235 u actually get shatter where it chips away. always thought lower temp less thc will come out which make it oily. What tons are u pressing those temp at.

Approximately 4 tons. I get chipping shatter with those numbers from dry sift. My bud runs are looser not chipping shatter but it holds together and I can handle it with my hands without an issue.

ok cool. I try your number next time. even with bud got be a fine line in numbers to get that shatter look and feel. just got make sure all that THC not come out somehow so not get so oily. First battle get that transparency look :)

Druhallen I did test with dry stuff and yea the color amazing nice transparent, I used 230F with 4 tons pressure for 60 seconds. Looks is amazing but it ended up so sticky couldn't even get all off parchment paper the stuff I did I transfer to Silicone Mat and even there it had problem coming off that. These temp I thinking a lot THC must came out to cause this being so sticky. But you get shatter type at these figures. wonder why mine is sticky as hell. But I do love the looks now

20170322_135903.jpg

I get shatter with dry sift, kief. I get a looser result with my bud but it isn't greasy. It holds together and I can handle it bare handed. Now the only other thing that may be different is that I do glass cure my bud for a month once I have it dried. So my bud has been off the plant at least 6 weeks.

ok maybe that could be difference time it cured for. because mine is super sticky no way put it my hand without a mess. basically it honey oil at it purest form can put it in a jar and spread it when needed. going to test low heat I heard low heat stop the THC from coming out and that what make it sticky substance but just what I read. If few day I do another test that way stuff drying now. if low heat not work, guess only way is sift, kief method first.

Let me know how it goes. I've only had my press a few months. Learning the ins and outs still myself.

This one i used top buds all Sour diesel started with 5 grams press to a puck, used 87C / 190F for first 30 second with 3 tons pressure then last 30 second put 4 tons pressure on it. Then after done i folded in half and did another press with same figure to get all I could out of this puck. I ended up with 1 gram of Rosin for my 5 grams of quality bud.- That ration looks bad? But it very nice transparency and look mouth watering. oh And still didn't get to shatter it still sticky but not as sticky as the last test. But still not even close to shatter. Thinking if i put in oven at 120 F for awhile wonder if that would change it. But the ration of bud to rosin seem very low thought i get more. And this one done without filter/bag so nothing was trapped in the mesh.

4_tons_rosin.jpg

after heating it at 120 for 2 hours I finally got it some consistency of shatter looking, and this is right out of the stove within 5 minutes. I think maybe another 3 hours or so in the oven will make it glass like, still got tacky feel but least now it stand up on its own. The next question is how must moisture in the room will it absorb and make it go back to where it was, but maybe if I get it dry enough it be hard enough can absorb much.

heated1.jpg

yes I no that. but or me I trying to get the rosin to consistency of shatter or close to it. So far I got it hard enough take 20 minutes before it setting flat again after standing up. Might need another 4 hr or so in the oven. here pic my last try getting better.

my_rosin.jpg

Back
Top Bottom