RSO and MCT oil

PFirefly

Greetings all. I know the formula for making my own "medical cannabis cartridges" using Poly Glycol And Veg Glycerin. I am unable to find any concrete instructions on using MCT oil with RSO. If I had the money I would invest in Co2 extraction. But I do not. I feel that there HAS to be a recipe for MCT Oil. The heating and mixing process is critical with regards to temperature. I am concerned about the flash point of the MCT oil and the proportion of the mix. IE: how many parts MCT to RSO. Any advice will be greatly appreciated. With my illness I could easily spend 250 a week at the dispensaries. Money that I can not claim for medical expense on a tax form.

Back up a bit my friend.... RSO is an extraction using Bud and a grain based alcohol , which is then heated to evaporate. What do you mean by the MCT connection, are you looking to create a useable oil for capsules or something? If so, theirs lots of oils that aren't as costly as an MCT that are suitable. Extra virgin olive oil, Grapeseed oil, coconut oil are all very good when used with Sunflower lecithin for absorption.

Back up a bit my friend.... RSO is an extraction using Bud and a grain based alcohol , which is then heated to evaporate. What do you mean by the MCT connection, are you looking to create a useable oil for capsules or something? If so, theirs lots of oils that aren't as costly as an MCT that are suitable. Extra virgin olive oil, Grapeseed oil, coconut oil are all very good when used with Sunflower lecithin for absorption.
Thank you for your response. I know for a fact that MCT is being used in vape cartdidges. It's very refined and does not cause lipid pneumonia like the others you mentioned, grape seed etc.. And is a safer alternative to food grade poly glycol. Vegetable glycerin is not as harmful as glycerin. The safest by far is CO2 extraction. There are dispensaries that use MCT oil to make their vape cartrages. Poly Glycol etc states a 1 to 1 ratio on mix. I read on a web site that MCT oil is 10 to 1. I have yet to find another web site that has the ratio. I thank you for your response. It's much appreciated.

(please forgive any spelling errors)

MCT is being used in vape cartridges. It's very refined and does not cause lipid pneumonia.

I've come across multiple references to using MCT for thinning/diluting/carrying extract for vaping. They all say avoid LCT oils (coconut, olive, soybean, etc.) for they cause lipid pn. like you said. I'm looking forward to seeing more testing on this.

I read on a web site that MCT oil is 10 to 1.

The ratio isn't set in stone because of so many production variables that go into the final product. Here is a general rule to go by... use the least amount possible while A, you have acceptable vaping consistency and B, the dosing is within the desired range.

Greetings all. I know the formula for making my own "medical cannabis cartridges" using Poly Glycol And Veg Glycerin. I am unable to find any concrete instructions on using MCT oil with RSO. If I had the money I would invest in Co2 extraction. But I do not. I feel that there HAS to be a recipe for MCT Oil. The heating and mixing process is critical with regards to temperature. I am concerned about the flash point of the MCT oil and the proportion of the mix. IE: how many parts MCT to RSO. Any advice will be greatly appreciated. With my illness I could easily spend 250 a week at the dispensaries. Money that I can not claim for medical expense on a tax form.
Howdy check out the Ardent FX no chemicals needed we do our MCT oil, butter and everything in that .
We use my old rosin pressing bags for an ADDED kick to the recipe 👍 worth the investment and best of ALL no chemicals and its a one and done investment!

IMG20231209170958.jpg

Back
Top Bottom